Superb Elegance 2012 - do 16" wheels bolt straight on?

6 hours ago, silver1011 said:

There is also a dedicated section on Briskoda for VCDS...

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/forum/23-diagnostics-amp-vcds/

7 hours ago, chimaera said:

It's a diagnostic tool for VAG brand cars made by Ross-Tech. More at www.ross-tech.com

Thanks both. I'll look into it and practice on my current car so I know what I'm doing when the new one arrives

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 22:13, 26DIPP said:

S-Class to Superb. Why - out of curiosity? You do not get the air suspension. With that you drive on the rims.

It developed an intermittent fault when motorway driving - fault code was torque converter related, Mercedes service bulletin stated that the gearbox should be replaced at the same time. If I knew for certain that replacing only the TC at £1500 would have solved it I would have done it as the car was brilliant and ticked all my boxes. However I didn't want to spend £1500 to find out it still needed a gearbox at £5k as both together totalled the value of the car.  

On 13/10/2019 at 10:37, chimaera said:

If I had to guess, I'd say massively lower running costs.

It was no more expensive to maintain that the same engine in a C or E class in terms of routine service items, other than the above fault and a wiper motor under warranty I didn't experience any other costs. Plugging in to a diagnostic machine was always a laugh as it took a good chunk of time, from memory over 68 modules to scan.

This was a 2012 LWB car with 265k miles on it.

36mpg long term mpg, not 41 as per the OBC.

£200 to tax as it was the later facelift car which had Adblue, as opposed to £570 for the earlier cars.

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1