2011 maps update

I don't think my sat nav has been updated since 2011, it's causing me issues whenever I encounter 'new' roads, do I have to take it to dealership for update or can I solve the issue another way?

In another post he said he had a Columbus.

On 13/10/2019 at 18:24, omnipeta said:

do I have to take it to dealership for update or can I solve the issue another way?

All the dealer will do is sell you a map DVD for stupid money and it will probably be out of date.

You can download the latest maps at various sites online and then burn them to a dual layer DVD.

Once you have a DVD (from the dealer, burnt yourself or procured by other means) - you then put that into the Columbus and it does the update of the units maps.

Do a search of this forum for "map update" and you will lots of links to check.

At the time of writing this, the latest maps (Western Europe) for the RNS510/Columbus is V16 (also referred to as 8536). 

• Like 2

These are being offered on ebay, is this what I need?

2018 V15 VW RNS510/810 sat nav disc map update Navigation UK&West europe

V16 RNS510/810 2018/19 Navigation Map Update Disk West Europe & Firmware Disk

4 hours ago, omnipeta said:

V16 RNS510/810 2018/19 Navigation Map Update Disk

This would be the latest - V15 is the previous year.

Just note that if you get them from an eBay "pirate" they have, at best, downloaded the disk image from the web (or copied from an original) and burnt it onto dual layer DVD and are charging you for the privilege. 

A "free" firmware update is often included by the vendors - this is because some Columbus units need the firmware upgraded in order to use the latest maps. The reason it is free is because it can be downloaded from internet for the same price - free.

• Like 2