Fobs with motion sensors

Greentree

I see ŠKODA say in their model year 2020 Release:

KESSY with a motion sensor
ŠKODA is gradually equipping all of its models with the KESSY vehicle entry key with a motion sensor, thereby reducing the risk of the car being stolen or broken into. In this system, which is optional for the KAROQ....

Having just taken delivery of a new Karoq SE L I’m wondering if I have these new fobs.  Anyone know how to I can tell?

Well mine is a 2020 Edition and I was told that it is a factory fitted option  so ....... maybe not  also if you were to build a karoq on the web site it is also still a £35.00 option.  I believe you get 3 keys so if you have 2 keys then No you don’t have it 

1 hour ago, Tasape said:

Well mine is a 2020 Edition and I was told that it is a factory fitted option  so ....... maybe not  also if you were to build a karoq on the web site it is also still a £35.00 option.  I believe you get 3 keys so if you have 2 keys then No you don’t have it 

I believe the personalised drive mode option for £35 has nothing to do with having the motion sensing KESSY key fobs or not.

Edited by Kenny R

13 hours ago, Greentree said:

Anyone know how to I can tell?

Lock the car, put the key on the ground close to the driver's door and let it rest there for a few minutes. Then, without touching the key, try opening the driver's door. If it unlocks, it's the standard KESSY key, if it doesn't, it's the new motion-sensing version.

Edited by agedbriar
  • Thanks 1

Great idea. Duh -  why didn't I think of that?  Tried it out and I can report that they must have motion sensors - @ c15 minutes door won't open at c10 minutes it did.  Thanks for the help.  Seems I have wasted £20 on a Faraday box.

51 minutes ago, Greentree said:

Seems I have wasted £20 on a Faraday box.

You can still use the faraday box for added security, especially if its location became part of your routine to store your keys, rather than a jacket or trouser pocket,  or wherever the last location was you left them.

In the unfortunate event of having your vehicle stolen, you can at least show you took all reasonable steps to safeguard your vehicle. 

Edited by Guest
FFS