1.6 diesel dsg Adblue refill counter reset

Jim69

Hi guys my ad blu warning indicator came on my car yesterday I topped it up with ad blu started the ignition for 40 seconds before starting the car but the ad blue warning indicator is still coming on took the car for a 30 mile drive today and is still coming on any ideas how to rectify this problem 

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/10/2019 at 16:59, Jim69 said:

Hi guys my ad blu warning indicator came on my car yesterday I topped it up with ad blu started the ignition for 40 seconds before starting the car but the ad blue warning indicator is still coming on took the car for a 30 mile drive today and is still coming on any ideas how to rectify this problem 

Jim.Did you have any joy with the adblue reset?Ive just done mine and having the same problem.I have had ignition on without the engine starting for 30 seconds but the 'add adblue'is still coming on.

Ended up taking it to the dealer the display said to add 1 to 1 1/2 litres so I added about 2 when at the dealers they said they had to ad 4 more litres and I’d have to pay for it but as my car was a motabilty car they did it free of charge they also must have done some sort of reset as all the settings on the car had changed a bit of a strange one I’ll just take it to them to do the next time 

Edited by Jim69
  • Like 1

On 04/11/2019 at 09:58, SimonAudi said:

The display should tell you range left - ours on the Karoq shows 5000 miles from full

On 04/11/2019 at 10:57, Steve_G said:

Your right Simon,Ive just had chance to check the range and its showing 7000 miles.

I have just had to re-fill my 2.0TDi 4x4 with AdBlu today, I think i got about 6k miles out of the previous tank full (a full 10 litres). My range is for AdBlu is now showing 5000 miles, which is low. The first couple of fills it definitely said 7K miles range after filling. I'll make a note and work out the mileage per tank of AdBlu.

EDIT: Got my last lot of AdBLU on-line, so was able to check the invoice date, may 14th. Just filled today, so lets call that 6 months. In the past 6 months I've 9700 miles approximately (according to Fuelly), so I'm actually quite happy that I'm getting about 8500-9000 miles to a tank of AdBlu. Its been a high mileage 6 months, so it feels like I've used more.

Edited by Luckypants
Bit more info.