Answering incoming phone calls

Fazzer

Hmmm I sure I have answered via steering wheel.

I will check in morning and see if I can explain how. Pretty certain there is a phone option the steering wheel controls?

Looking at the manual page 60, looks like you press the view button (bottom left of the right hand group of buttons on the steering wheel) to bring up the phone menu, I think it will offer something along the lines of accept or reject, which can be selected with the thumb wheel and actioned by pressing the thumb wheel. So probably you have to press the view button then press the thumb wheel button (assuming that answering the call is the default option). It’s slightly different on my car (MY2016 Superb) but I’m sure the principle is the same.

Is silly not being clearly marked up, but just press the right hand thumb wheel to accept calls - at least it is on my Sportline.

Another minor bug bear is how the display in the centre of dials switches over to navigation directions when you start a route (as you’d expect) but doesn’t revert back to previous setting when navigation use has finished and then you have to cycle back through the various displays to get back to the one you started on.

• Like 2

Checked mine tonight and definitely has a little phone icon button on the steering wheel. Just press it and you cycle through the numbers, or can answer a call. I have never been into phoning while on the move, but the last few weeks I have had to use due to some family issues and very impressive the integration...

Slight deviation from original thread. iPhone has just updated IOS and now when activating the phone via the steering wheel buttons (or the main touchscreen) it has not listed the recent calls - did before the update. Anyone else had similar and do you think VAG will have update for this. Trying to avoid dealer as not a major issue but does make calling out more of a pain.

Thanks

• 1 year later...

I'd like to revive this topic, and ask the same, but for the 2021 (Superb L&K) model, with 2 spokes steering wheel & digital instrument cluster (AKA Virtual Cockpit).

When the Cockpit's Central display area isn't set to display the Phone, I did not find how to answer/reject incoming calls from the steering wheel.

While a call incomes, a small green icon is appears at the button of the the Cockpit's Central display area.

I tried a long press on the right  dial, but nothing happened, and the phone kept on ringing.

Any ideas what should be done to answer/reject an incoming call from the steering wheel?

Thanks in Advance.

• Like 1

I suspect that if the VC display is showing Telephone rather that SatNav, Vehicle Data, etc. then the incoming call will be immediately obvious. With the option to scroll Recent Calls.

I think my VC works this way from memory, but it’s too cold to go out and check it right now.

My centre screen certainly displays an incoming call over anything else. Pretty easy to press Green or Red if necessary.

Or simply ignore and keep your eyes on the road.

I am afraid I have no SATNAV.

However, I usually have the Media in the VC middle display or the “driving performance data”. In both options, I cannot answer incoming calls from the steering wheel. 

I did notice, that if I select the “driving assist” (or of course, the “iPhone”), I can answer incoming calls from the steering wheel. 

If you have a chance, I’ll appreciate your feedback. 

On 07/02/2021 at 23:33, LKOwner said:

I am afraid I have no SATNAV.

However, I usually have the Media in the VC middle display or the “driving performance data”. In both options, I cannot answer incoming calls from the steering wheel. 

I did notice, that if I select the “driving assist” (or of course, the “iPhone”), I can answer incoming calls from the steering wheel. 

If you have a chance, I’ll appreciate your feedback. 

I can confirm that if my VC is displaying “Telephone” in the centre of the dials, then an incoming phone call will be displayed, with the default option set to “Accept” by pressing the RH wheel button. Rolling the button will display the 2 option to “Reject” the call.

With the centre dash set to radio in my example, the incoming phone call is also displayed on the centre screen, with the options to accept or reject.

I rarely drive with Telephone selected on the centre of the VC as there are far more interesting options most of the time.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2021 at 14:25, BoxerBoy said:

I can confirm that if my VC is displaying “Telephone” in the centre of the dials, then an incoming phone call will be displayed, with the default option set to “Accept” by pressing the RH wheel button. Rolling the button will display the 2 option to “Reject” the call.

With the centre dash set to radio in my example, the incoming phone call is also displayed on the centre screen, with the options to accept or reject.

I rarely drive with Telephone selected on the centre of the VC as there are far more interesting options most of the time.

Thanks for the reply.

seems  it’s another item to take with the local dealer technical team....