Skoda Citigo service follow up

Ronn

Had my wife's Citigo serviced in July '19 (2nd service) by the Skoda dealership. 

I was charged £218 - a Rip Off, particularly when the service Manager said he could have reduced the PRICE - 'IF I'D HAVE BARTERED WITH HIM' 

Lesson One,

Skoda Dealerships are prepared to 'Rip Off' loyal customers unless you haggle. 

Anyway, they called up an Amber issue on the Service, they said that the Front Discs were slightly lipped & would require changing in the near future at a cost of £299.

That's on a car 2 yrs old that's done 15,000 miles and has not had the brake pads changed - not even once. 

On cars I've owned previously, you can change the Disc Pads 5 or 6 times before the Brake Discs need replacing, usually about 70,000/80,000 miles. 

My wife received an email this week telling her to take the car in for the work to be done. 

So, if this is an example of German Engineering where the Brake Discs require replacement after 15,000 miles when the Brake Pads have NEVER needed replacement, it will be the 1st & Last VW engineered car I'll ever buy. 

Lesson Two. 

Beware of Skoda Dealerships trying to get extra money off you for work that's not required when the repair shop is short of work. 

I guess experience will vary between dealers.  I took my Superb 280 in for a service and its first MOT on Tuesday, at my local main dealer. Service schedule suggested that brake fluid replacement was required, and also the Haldex oil (4x4) needed to be changed, so I had those done too.

Total cost was £325, which I felt was not too bad.

I've owned cars in the past that have needed new discs at the same time as the first set of pads were needed. First time I came across this was with a Fiesta XR2 Mk2.

• 3 weeks later...