Bigger injectors?

Kyledowd

Hello there, I am new to the site but was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I am looking to upgrade my injectors to get more fuel in as I will eventually be buying a bigger turbo to try and get as much power as possible as well as keeping the reliability of the car. It’s a 2005 fabia mk1. It already has egr delete 3inch pipe to a miltek back box. Air filter and airtec fmi which needs mounting. So really looking for advice as to what injectors and turbo is best for a big power project. Thanks 

What do you consider 'big power'?

Look on Darkside website at their turbo's, they have chart's that give an indication of the bhp each of the turbo's are capable of, that will give you a good idea what you would need, you would then need to select injector size that can support the same bhp.

Don't forget you will need head bolts and a clutch/flywheel to handle 'big power' along with uprated brakes and suspension.

ARP headbolts are supposed to be good aren’t they? Clutch is slipping in 3rd gear anyway so might go to single mass only because it’s cheaper. I will look on dark side tomorrow an see what the best route is... appreciate the reply 👍

You only need PD150 head bolts but you're talking about spending thousands, the standard injectors are the least of your worries frankly. Do a realistic budget and come back, the daft mods you already have are totally unnecessary, you need the clutch and flywheel replaced and the FMIC fited before you even consider a bigger turbo.

1 hour ago, Kyledowd said:

Bang on, I’m not sure if it’s realistic but I’m hoping to get around 300bhp? So if I could get a break down of what to do first that would be helpful... 

You'll certainly get a break down, reliability will head down the toilet.

It's been proved time and again on here, shooting for 300 always ends in tears.

If you want 300, start with a different car. The 16V Jetta 2.0 PD 140 or Golf or Audi A3/A4. SEAT Leon equivalents. More space in the engine bays of these cars, more displacement and a nice easy breathing 16V head. They won't make PD130 economy on trips but should get 80-90% there. Stay away from the PD170s unless the piezo electric injector problems have ever been fixed. Oh, plus, those cars have a DPF.

Even then, take a long, hard look at the Darkside project Jetta. They made a lot of HP on it but literally threw the kitchen sink at it.

just wonder if 1756 turbo would handle 250hp? Im trying to find turbo which would. Am not 100% sure but I heard that stock injectors can work for up to 250hp? I need help . Im trying to find right upgrades for this power. Don't know what intercooler would I need and what clutch is best. Want clutch which I would be able to drive with as a daily. Thanks!

I wouldn't push 1756 to 250hp. I've seen some people having 280hp on stock injectors but I wouldn't recommend that either tbh. Personally I have sachs SRE clutch which is expensive and not for everybody, though I heard valeo SMF kit is pretty good but it has mixed opinions. 

• Like 1