MK3 Interior Into MK1

Good Afternoon Everyone,

im new to this site and although never planned on doing anything to my car I’m in a position to buy a MK3 VRS interior off a friend for a really good price.

Obviously everything fits if you make it.. but I’m under the impression that MK1 seats sit into a rail on the floor.. MK3 seats come with their own rails.. now can rails from one be bolted onto the other, can bases be removed from MK1 seats and bolted to MK3 seats so they fit?

is anyone aware of anyone who may have done something similar to this already?

im not interested in Golf/Bora/A3/Leon seats do not fussed about them being suggested.

thanks in advance

Charlie

Totally different setup.

Actually this weekend I'll have a MK I and MK III sat outside so I can compare. My son is picking up a 2016 MKIII (1.2tsi) and I haven't got the heart to scrap my old 2001 1.4 mk I which he has now(we've had it from new - no rust on body!), so it'll be back in my ownership as of Saturday

Edited by bigjohn

Yup, completely different, so i would imagine it would almost impossible to do.

Might be able to get mk2 front seats into a mk1, as they atleast share the same chassis, and thus mounting points should match.

On 07/11/2019 at 22:53, bigjohn said:

Totally different setup.

Actually this weekend I'll have a MK I and MK III sat outside so I can compare. My son is picking up a 2016 MKIII (1.2tsi) and I haven't got the heart to scrap my old 2001 1.4 mk I which he has now(we've had it from new - no rust on body!), so it'll be back in my ownership as of Saturday

Morning @bigjohn

Thanks for the response, ha don’t suppose you plan on taking the seats out of both of them do you ha! 

I may nip to the local scrap yard, they’re bound to have a seat I can buy to try this out with! 

10 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Might be able to get mk2 front seats into a mk1, as they atleast share the same chassis, and thus mounting points should match.

Thanks @mac11irl,

Annoyingly the difference between mk2 and 3 VRS seats is vast in terms of looks. Maybe I’ll look for something along the lines of the L&K interior instead. 

On 08/11/2019 at 23:06, mac11irl said:

On 07/11/2019 at 22:53, bigjohn said:

Totally different setup.

Hey Guys,

Do the Superb interiors fit the Octavia at all? From the Mk1 Superb? It’s hard to get a definitive answer on anything.. considering how popular these cars are!