Replacement key needed for Roomster 2012?

fabmichelle

Hi I have searched on site but all info I found is from a few years ago and links no longer accessible so asking again. 

I lost my Roomster 2012 key, luckily still have the spare key which has 3 buttons, lock, boot, unlock, and  some ID details printed underneath the flick out key.

With those details can I get a replacement key that operates exactly as the original?

If anyone has recently done the same successfully I would be grateful for your experience, advice estimated cost or links to reliable sellers. 

Many thanks

Michelle 

The easiest "one stop right first time" way out of this will be to go into your local Skoda dealership with your V5 type document and some proof of your identity along with your car details, and they will order in a replacement folding 3 button key with a blade cut to suit your car.

Once that has arrived at the dealership, it might take weeks, you will need to book the car in for them to "remove" the missing key and add back in the remaining key and the new key coded - then I'd expect they will make sure the remote part is sync'd to the car's central locking system for you.

Edit:- estimated costs are around £300 inc VAT, as said by another member some time ago, do you not have any "key cover" from your bank or breakdown insurance to help with this, or maybe even household insurance?

Edited by rum4mo

Thank you Run4mo

Guess I was wondering if anyone had any  ‘up to date’ alternatives to going down the Skoda route?  

Will definitely check my insurance first though , hadn’t considered an option but it is ringing a bell .. fingers crossed

Have also as a result of reading in the previous 2010 > posts,  mention of a “Robert ” tracked him down via email  and discovered he has sold up & emigrated, but he kindly replied to my email and put me in touch with the new owners of his old business “Car keys Torbay” 

They have given  me two options which sound promising .. and lower cost.  I just have to  decide Their website is   http://carkeystorbay.co.uk/