Keyfob Battery

Nice one thanks Mr P. Yeah it's not done bad especially considering I use it to open the boot just about twice every trip ! Just wish I could find the spare I lost lol !

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nick_H said:

Nice one thanks Mr P. Yeah it's not done bad especially considering I use it to open the boot just about twice every trip ! Just wish I could find the spare I lost lol !

Just noticed I replied on that thread haha !! DOH !

• Haha 1

I had the KESSY battery warning message flash up on my last car while I was out driving without my reading glasses - 2015 Touareg. I popped into the VW dealer, and the parts guy changed it for me for a fiver.

I felt it was worth paying a couple of quid extra to avoid the hassle (or a broken fob).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Nick_H said:

Infotainment saying mine needs changing. Batery ordered looks simple enough on Youtube vids any gotchas ?

Don't use the brute force method that I've seen on YouTube, you risk breaking the fob cover mountings.

Do it properly. Remove the emergency key and insert a small screwdriver to push the latch in and the top cover of the fob slides/pops off.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Brockysuperb said:

Mine done this week...Skoda dealer charged £3.65 for the battery, no labour. Two minute job.

Nice one yeah did mine last night took 30 seconds 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed with @roughrider10,just popped out the spare key and used my thumbs, tried inserting a small screwdriver, did not work for me. Thumbs piece of cake. 

Only one key needed doing but did both to be sure. Second key was so easy, couple of mins done. 

On 13/11/2019 at 15:27, Nick_H said:

Yes, it’s lasted a lot longer than mine. Car is eight months old and I got the message today.