Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5

Dave77

I've got them on my estate (elegance 1.6 trim level), had them fitted mid-August.

Went from some Black Lion tyres that were on the car when I purchased it.

Obviously, I've not got VRS levels of power, however for my needs they offer good levels of grip in the dry (I can just about break traction in the wet when pulling away, although cornering once up to speed offers good grip). They're economical, comfortable, I'm fairly sure cabin noise is somewhat down since fitting. That's on 17 Inch rims.

These are next on my list once my Asymmetric 3s are done. Meant to be an improvement, although I note officially fuel consumption is worse and noise higher. Anyone moved from 3s to 5s and noticed either?

Guest BigJase88

I have the 5's in 225/40/18

nice ride

sharp handling

good grip

higher than average cabin noise is the only downside

marked improvement over the Bridgestone Potenza's the car came with (awful tyre)

Edited by BigJase88

• 2 months later...

I’ve run with the F1’s on my last car and they were quiet, grippy especially in the wet and smoothed the ride. I’m running Dunlop Sport RT max at the moment,so we’ll see how these perform 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 07/02/2020 at 16:47, Richtp said:

I’ve run with the F1’s on my last car and they were quiet, grippy especially in the wet and smoothed the ride. I’m running Dunlop Sport RT max at the moment,so we’ll see how these perform 

I'd be interested to know how you rate the Goodyear and Dunlop tyres now you've had a while driving on the Dunlops?

• Like 1