Is it normal hot air from front vents during regen

As in title

After 3 thousand miles and 3 months of owning octy 2016 se 2.o

I am pleased with car

During a motorway journey today I was aware of hot air coming through vents Heating was off.

I was at 70 in 6th and revs were higher than normal It righted itself after a while Is this what happens during regen

Should I close vents

The 40 mile return journey was normal

Thank you Gregoire

Maybe I was mistaken but they appeared to be at 2000 rpm at 70-it later appeared to go to 1600 

My query was really concerning heat coming through front vents for  a while (heater off -vents opened)and its potential link to a routine regen thus being nothing to be concerned about

Car ventilation systems typically take their incoming air from the area just in front of the windscreen wipers, and that area is usually isolated from under-bonnet, engine-bay air by rubber seals for safety reasons (not bringing exhaust  or fuel fumes into cabin if there is a leak in the engine bay).

Check that this seal, on the front edge of the compartment where the wiper motor etc. lives, is seated correctly.

15 hours ago, Stevetewkesbury said:

As in title

After 3 thousand miles and 3 months of owning octy 2016 se 2.o

I am pleased with car

During a motorway journey today I was aware of hot air coming through vents Heating was off.

I was at 70 in 6th and revs were higher than normal It righted itself after a while Is this what happens during regen

Should I close vents

The 40 mile return journey was normal

I don’t know if it’s normal, but it happens. DPF regen works at high very temperatures and some of it “spills over” into the ventilation. You don’t need to close the vents, the A/C should be able to handle it.