Alarm motion sensor button

Nicky_P

19 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Solved.

I prefer the old method of pressing of a button rather than the new solution.

For the ignorami amongst us - what is this, please, and where did you find it? 

Edited by StEdmund

1 hour ago, StEdmund said:

Infotainment screen - Vehicle - Settings - Opening and closing- Interior monitoring.

Bit of a faf, I preferred the 'B' pillar button system.

Agreed, all my Roomsters, Yetis etc., had the pillar button, very simple and convenient for dog owners, I believe pressing the lock button twice in succession has the same effect, but not tried it yet.

23 minutes ago, Berisford said:

Infotainment screen - Vehicle - Settings - Opening and closing- Interior monitoring.

Bit of a faf, I preferred the 'B' pillar button system.

Thanks for that, I'll check it out - I didn't know that the feature existed. A couple of weeks ago, I had left my wife in the car as I went over to pay at the petrol station kiosk - and I had walked off with the key in my pocket. The alarm went off, and she was somewhat embarrassed. I can't imagine, however, that it's something that I'll want to faff around with.

5 hours ago, StEdmund said:

As already mentioned it can be done via the infortainment system which seems long winded. The double press of the remote button seems better although I thought this also disables kessy? 

12 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

As already mentioned it can be done via the infortainment system which seems long winded. The double press of the remote button seems better although I thought this also disables kessy? 

A double press of the remote lock disables the deadlocks. To disable KESSY you need to press lock on the remote then quickly press the lock indent on the door handle.

18 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

A double press of the remote lock disables the deadlocks. To disable KESSY you need to press lock on the remote then quickly press the lock indent on the door handle.

Does the double press disable the interior alarm sensor too? 

9 minutes ago, Nicky_P said:

Does the double press disable the interior alarm sensor too? 

It certainly did on my previous Yeti. I haven’t tried it on my Kodiaq but going by reports on here it does, and on other models also.

25 minutes ago, Kenny R said:

It certainly did on my previous Yeti. I haven’t tried it on my Kodiaq but going by reports on here it does, and on other models also.

I'll give it a try next week.

Cheers

8 hours ago, StEdmund said:

I had left my wife in the car as I went over to pay at the petrol station kiosk - and I had walked off with the key in my pocket. The alarm went off, and she was somewhat embarrassed.

You locked your wife in the car!? 🤣