Octavia 1 front hubs

Hi - wondering if the hubs from a 2002 TDI will fit a 2005 Mk1 VRS?

Brake caliper mounting bolt recess thread is goosed on my VRS and as I'm likely to be breaking my TDI, thought I'd check hub compatibility.........I know the wheels are identical dimensions but the brakes and discs are different, so I'm guessing the caliper mounting locations may also differ

cheers

• Like 1

Mac's right - I couldn't tell you the exact differences, but I went through two or three different Octy hubs until I found the right one for my L&K. It's small things, like that curved shroud bit, but it makes a notable difference and isn't something that even a skilled mechanic can tweak to fit.

• Thanks 1

Hi all, my caliper hanger bolt is goosed too. Apparantly someone may have cross threaded it during works carried out. Short story is in the ens i had it re-tapped and a helicoil put in but again,after a little while the judder is back and i guess thebolt has worked loose again.

Can anyone tell me where to get another hub from as the local car parts place said they dont stock 2002 vrs mk1 hubs anymore. Is there an altetnative i could search for maybe such as a golf/audi hub maybe.

Thanks in advance, this problem has gone on for over a year now! First guy just put it back in with some loctite!

Ps I wonder though if the judder may be coming from somewhere else and the goosed bolt is the result of it not the cause? 

I'm not saying this parts diagram is the correct one for your brakes as there are several variants but it should help you identify the parts you are looking for.

https://skoda.7zap.com/en/cz/octavia/oct/2002-252/6/615-615016/

Ideally you should locate the option codes sticker (handbook or under the boot liner) which would tell you exactly which brake setup you have - assuming it is still as delivered.

If you go back one step on the biscuit trail for the above site you can see the links for all front brake options available on an '02 mk1 Octy,