Classic bikes

Vfr400boy

Just found this section of the fourm 

Any of you ride classic bikes 

Iv had all sorts over the years gsxr rsv100 sp1 cbr xt660 etc but now I just have a few old bikes gs750 1977 

A 1983 Honda h100 and a 1972 pc50 witch I did johno grotes to lands end on , 

Any of you lot ride 70s 80s bikes ? 

20170715_131344_IMG_4202.JPG

One of the best bikes I ever had was a 1966 Honda S90; wish I still had it!

I grew up with the the likes of a Tiger Cub, CD175, CB250, CB400/4, CB160 before moving upwards to Triumph TR5R then played with a CB750 then bought a couple of Triumph Tridents.  Had an H100, CB125, C50,C90 as learners for wife and then daughter. All now gone.

Haven't ridden for a while due to illness but next season I want to be back on two wheels.  We have a couple of NTV750s that fit your dates but also my Pan, a Serow and some vintage bikes inherited from my Dad.

Recently moved on a couple of older Serows and my Triumph Trident 900; lovely bike but I prefer the Pan nowadays.

I always wanted a cb750 but could not afford one that's how I ended up with my gs750 had it about 15 years now , I enjoyed my sports bikes but now am a family man the classics suit me more and are my pension lol , 

Am only 33 so the bikes are from be for my time but I grew up with classics my dad had a Norton, 

My daughter is 6 and I have her riding a 1985 QR50 and iv got her a ty80 for when shes ready ha 

I come from a biking family, but unfortunately the only bike I could legally ride on the road was a 1978 50cc Honda Camino (THC 1S - if only I'd had the insight to keep the no. plate).  Dad started it in the 1950's with a 500cc Vincent Comet - he got a Bullet sidecar when my brother was born.  He was still commuting Hastings to Andover until the late 1980's on his 1980 Honda CX500 (ADY 292V - full Polaris fairing).  Brother's had too many to list, but notable one's were his CB400T and he had one of the first CBR's.  He also ran a couple of ex-Police G5 Guzzi's.  His worst decision, bike wise (in my opinion), was to sell a Series C Vincent Rapide some years ago, mostly because he couldn't get his act together to put it back together.  We live and learn.  Don't think I have any photo's 😞

Gaz

I have a 1966 T20SH Tiger Cub which I ride around to local shows and events. It is staggering to see how much better a modern bike like my F800GT is in almost every respect except one. The sound. The Tiger Cub sounds loud and fruity and you just cannot get anywhere near that sound on a modern bike.

I love the old small bore Hondas were going up to Scotland again on them next summer iv ridden 1000cc sports bikes and big off road bikes but nothing compares to riding a pedal and pop on a massive road trip with your mates such good fun and a proper adventure ha 

Been riding for over 40 years now. Can’t imagine not having a bike in the garage. I was up to 11 at one stage but whittled it down to 5 now. Here are some of them.

Most recent purchase is an ‘81 Honda CB1100RB. I am currently awaiting the UK reg plate plus a rather pricey replica stainless/ceramic coated exhaust.

63680583-30-A2-46-AF-B51-B-553044932-C11

03-C11-FB7-1-C26-48-A9-98-DB-F3-B49-D077

i also have an ‘81 BMW R100CS 

0-B31879-D-D607-4535-AE33-90-C6120-D416-

A modified and much improved 2012 Honda CRF250L

EEAAABF1-2-B9-C-41-FF-BDC1-AB03-EA228-A5

A 2012 Suzuki VStrom 650. A very very good bike for the money.

IMG-0798.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Vfr400boy said:

What's crf250 like iv had a go on my mates 450 it was good fun but very uncomfortable and after a fun 5 mile ride I was knackered ha 

The 450 and 250L are completely different animals. The 450 is a pukka enduro bike whereas the 250L is what I would call a trail bike in the mould of the old XL250. They are heavy compared to full on enduro bikes and the suspension is budget. They are decent on the tarmac though and fairly competent off road with suspension upgrades. The motor is essentially the same as the CBR250 so servicing is not as intensive as more focussed off road bikes. Mine has Ohlins rear shock, Racetech full front fork upgrades, Corbin seat and a large IMS tank. It would make a great RTW bike.