Strange rattle when closing driver's door

Over the weekend I noticed that when I close the driver's door it no longer closes with the satisfying "clunk" that it always has before - there's a distinct bang /rattle as well as the clunk. Any ideas what it might be? I can't see anything obviously loose

Assuming the door storage area is empty, try it with the window down, if the noise goes away, probably window regulator getting ready to break.

Also try it with the seat belt done up, e.g. fastened into the buckle holder, B pillar trim rattles are common.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MoggyTech said:

Assuming the door storage area is empty, try it with the window down, if the noise goes away, probably window regulator getting ready to break.

Also try it with the seat belt done up, e.g. fastened into the buckle holder, B pillar trim rattles are common.

I'll try that next time I'm in the car

Hi Statto, provided you don't keep a "blade" ice-scraper in the door pocket I'd second the window rattling in the guide channels - my MY16 (pre-facelift) drivers window rattles slightly when shutting the door if the window is only "cracked" open. It has done this for the past three years without falling to pieces.