Decat

Claud

Hi

Just about to have a decat pipe fitted on my fabia vrs diesel 2006 , anything I need to watch out for ? I have it mapped and it got a piper cross panel filter ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Claud said:

Wow , honestly loads of people said it would be fine , I'll change it back the weekend 

Many thanks

No one on here would tell you it's fine, you're listening to 'loads of people' who don't know what they're talking about.

13 minutes ago, Claud said:

Not people on here , but this is why I am on here for good advise not crap advise 

Thanks 

So it will run just aswell on the standard filter 

You cannot add power on a VRS unless you fit a bigger turbo with a better intercooler, any other crap will make it run worse, not better.

Don't forget the MOT test is stricter now when it comes to emission equipment, decat will fail the MOT:

Defect Category
(a) Emission control equipment fitted by the manufacturer missing, obviously modified or obviously defective Major
(b) An induction or exhaust leak that could affect emissions levels Major
(c) Evidence that the diesel particulate filter has been tampered with Major

2 hours ago, Claud said:

Thanks pal , got a great mechanic wink wink 

Sorted then. Any upgraded filter is pointless without bigger turbo that will actually need the extra air. Otherwise all you'll get is heat soak or one of those oiled filters that will gunk up your turbo and engine

5 hours ago, Claud said:

How about the decat pal ?

Does nothing at all, total waste of time and money. Standard exhaust and intake is good to 220 bhp so if you wanna go faster spend the time and money elsewhere, like FMIC first, then a bigger turbo and remap.