Kodiaq wing mirror shell

kilted

Just wondering if anyone knows of a source for buying colour coded wing mirror shells - mine has a hole in it about an inch in diameter from a stone that flew up from the other side of the road.

Need to get it sorted before returning it at the end of the lease.

thanks in advance

They come supplied in primer, i.e. unpainted.

You'll then need to get it painted.

The only other option is finding a used one from a scrapped car, but the chances of finding an undamaged one for the correct side and in the right colour is going to be tough. Not many Kodiaq's sat around in scrap yards.

Only one on eBay, and it's for a complete assembly. It'll be cheaper to buy a mirror cap and getting a local bodyshop to paint match it for you...

image.png.9ec96f112b123865ccc8e8d5ae0decdc.png

Edited by silver1011

Hi firstly bad luck, try Superskoda;

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-original-Skoda-mirror-shell-caps-full-replacement-SPORTLINE-black-version

They are Black  and 44.99 euro for a pair. You would still need to have them painted unless your car is black!

Hope this is helpful.

57A072530.jpg (1094×680)

As of now, around six months.

I have to sort out that issue with the wing mirror along with the ding in the bonnet (right on the crease as it drops to the side) that the stone chip caused on its way to the mirror and a car park scrape on the rear bumper.

Really annoyed as neither problem was my fault but I will have to fork out for the repairs. Either that or I let them repair them and bill me for them (more expensive but easier for me).

Not a good idea to let the garage do your repairs as they'll likely charge top dollar.

Try someone like Dent Devils or Chipsaway if it's only minor damage. They'll come to you and will be somewhat cheaper.

39 minutes ago, kilted said:

Either that or I let them repair them and bill me for them (more expensive but easier for me).

That might not be a bad option, check out the charges for these type of dings. With most leases, it is a fixed price for each thing and may be cheapest option. It was for me when I returned my Leon.

• Like 1

Just now, Luckypants said:

That might not be a bad option, check out the charges for these type of dings. With most leases, it is a fixed price for each thing and may be cheapest option. It was for me when I returned my Leon.

I will definitely look at the charges and make my decision with that in mind.

@olderman1the bonnet damage is only a small nick (it has dented it slightly) so a chip repair company might be good for that but the bumper scrape is a good bit bigger (about 4 inches long and 2 inches). Then the mirror damage as well makes it a whole lot dearer as I need the mirror shell and to get it painted.

1 minute ago, silver1011 said:

You might be surprised how little Skoda charge for damage at the end of a lease.

Plenty of threads on here about their charges being much less than owners had expected.

Good to know - more tempted to go this route now as it will be a hell of a lot easier for me.

• Like 1

If damage is less than 10mm diameter - its not counted.

It was cheaper for me for them to repair... when they came and looked all the repairs I thought were needed - were no problem and no repair needed...

Skoda (and all other reputable leasing companies) follow the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear policy for measuring damage...

https://www.bvrla.co.uk/fleet-services/fair-wear-and-tear.html

Annoyingly BVRLA try to charge you to view the booklet (I got a hard copy included with my welcome pack from Skoda Finance when I picked up my PCH), but Skoda make it available for free here..

https://www.skodafinance.co.uk/en/private_customers/faqs_and_glossary/Downloads.html

Skoda's repair charges are also included...

image.png.0b17bff88b16f108dfa1b39b48dc2555.png

image.png.51eb236438c7be2390b045e2e118338c.png

Looks much cheaper to just give it back and let them do it. 
they may even let you off - I mentioned on another thread I gave back my RR Sport in October. BCA noted £100 of damage to scuffed alloys - I got a letter from the finance company a month later stating the damage but as a goodwill gesture they will not be invoicing me for it. 

Edited by ChinChiminey85