Broken Spring

Hi Sarah - I told my garage you had the Apex springs but they said the order with Skoda would have to stand as they were obliged to pay. They also said the springs had to have five orange spots on them (?) as springs had been sent but they were the wrong ones.

I had a similar set of problems when I needed a set of replacement shocks for my GFs felicia. Apparently the first batch supplied to the UK were all faulty, and then I had to wait a number of weeks for the non-faulty ones to arrive. In the meantime the gf got to drive my Octy and I had to cycle to work :-(

Thats pretty harsh.

As for the order still standing I think you should be able to cancel it as there are limits on what might be a reasonable time.

Looks like lowering springs for you then.

Definately agree you should be able to cancel the order. I am sure there will be terms and conditions which say delivery times. Otherwise your rights as a consumer will give you reasonable time, which is certainly under 28days for a car part.

I'd definately tell them you are cancelling due to the lack of a delivery within a reasonable time, then go get the apex springs fitted.

I've just called a local motor factors and they say they can get them for tomorrow.

The manufacturer was leisureforce or something, part number 4285706 £46 +VAT each

Perhaps have a ring round some of your local places.

Thanks for all your helpful replies. There are plenty of lowering spring kits around but I would like to replace with originals or original type.

Stu - my Russian isn't much good but they don't list Estate 4x4 1.8T (Avtoshop).

I will try your other link - Lesjofors Auto - tomorrow.

I have tried some local factors but no joy.

I spoke to the Skoda dealers parts shop and they said that if I had taken the vehicle into them for servicing Skoda would have coughed up 50% of the cost! However, they didn't have access to any springs either - in fact he guessed that my garage was doing the repair because they had ordered the part from him. He then started talking about loyalties? I explained I usually bought my vehicles at 3 years old and had been using my local garage quite happily for many years. It would seem that if I can locate the springs no-one will be held to the Skoda order.

Sorry mate I was looking at the 110TDi quoted in the first post didn't realise we'd switched to a 4x4 :doh:

That'll teach me to get carried away again.

Update on spring supply. After sending an email to Skoda they phoned yesterday requesting details of my problem. Having supplied info they said they would phone back after speaking to local parts supplier.

Sure enough just after 5.00pm I got a call to say a pair of rear springs should be with me by next Friday (not mid-June!) and Skoda will phone next Wednesday to confirm.

Although waiting with bated breath I am also astonished at the service and if they really do arrive you will be able to knock me over with a feather. But I will be soooooo happy.

Watch this space.