FL 8" radio trim

Hi folks.

I picked up a 5e0919605m 8" screen on ebay for a decent price, but didn't realise that the bottom piece of trim was missing from it.

I'm feeling a bit silly now really. Is there any way of picking that small bit of trim up from anywhere?

Edited by Jetpac

23 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

There isn’t, TPS don’t sell it separate from the screen. This is why screens with no bottom trims are so cheap. Your only option is to buy a broken or damaged screen with the trim included and use that.

Thanks for this.

Now in a rather huge turn of luck, as the part was so new on i chanced it messaged the seller/breaker to see if they had the piece and lucky enough it was still in the car and it is being sent on!

So next question i guess: does the trim piece go on after the screen is installed back into place?

Ideal! You can either put the screen in first and then clip the trim in or put the trim on and then clip the screen in. You don’t even have to remove the trim to get to the holes, you can just pull it down and insert the tools if you know where to pull.

13 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Ideal! You can either put the screen in first and then clip the trim in or put the trim on and then clip the screen in. You don’t even have to remove the trim to get to the holes, you can just pull it down and insert the tools if you know where to pull.

Fabulous! What do i need to be careful of taking it on and off? I think i read one of your posts after i posted the thread about it being fragile, so just want to be as prepared as possible!