MIB1 / MIB2 unit upgrade and Virtual cockpit retrofit

Hi all!

I just picked up a new Superb 3V Combi Style Business (09/2016 license plate) to transport the family with all it’s space!

Now, as I have a company car (VW Passat 2019) with an awesome screen, and the Active Info Display, I’m leaning towards upgrading the current units.

image.thumb.jpeg.1cecceb4f93858ff39fd8ae606155a73.jpeg

So the picture above is my Head Unit, any chance of finding out if I have an ‘MIB1 or MIB2’? I’d like to move to the new 9.2” no-pushy-buttons version.

Maybe, and just maybe I can save the extremely expensive kit, and just go for the screen, but I hope you guys will be able to help me out here.

Secondly I’m also leaning towards installing a Virtual cockpit (like the AID in my VW) as I’ve really grown custom to it, and like the options.

Hoping any of you can help me sort things out, and maybe even save me some cash before I go all in on the MMIB2.5 and the 9,2”screen!

Thanks,

Arjan

Radio unit is a MIB2 Columbus. Pab567 is deffo the person to talk to about upgrading that to MIB2.5 spec. I am running a MIB2.5 Columbus from him and it’s great. I also retrofitted VC into my Octavia and it’s not without it’s challenges, not for the faint hearted and needs lots of ODIS-E coding but the challenge is finding a Superb dash. 3V0920790A. Good luck.

Hi @SashaGrace,

Thanks for your swift reply, I already read your post on the work done!

So my next question is.... ODIS-E coding.... Sounds like a challenge? Something I can do myself with the Ross-Tech cable or is this VAG stuff only?

(Sadly the Superb Dash is incredibly rare and.... Expensive....)

Thanks!

ODIS-E requires connection to VAG servers, VC coding requires keys, mileage, immo, ABS and steering angle sensor coding with ODIS and the rest with VCDS, VCDS can’t do everything. The Superb dash is very hard to come by sadly. 9.2 inch screen is 3V0919606D :)

On 18/12/2019 at 12:54, SashaGrace said:

ODIS-E requires connection to VAG servers, VC coding requires keys, mileage, immo, ABS and steering angle sensor coding with ODIS and the rest with VCDS, VCDS can’t do everything. The Superb dash is very hard to come by sadly. 9.2 inch screen is 3V0919606D :)

20191219_164144.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@SashaGrace,

I’m having issues finding proper stock of the Virtual cockpit for the Superb. It seems to me the unit from the O3 might have exactly the same display , with an alternative/different surrounding cover (which I might source directly from Skoda?) and replace it?

5E0920790 Seems to be the O3 virtual cockpit part number, which is broadly available for normal prices.

Thanks,

Arjan

I want to upgrade my Superb to. From what I know is the best price on the market. The vag Russia is selling the cockpit for 800 euro and the mib 2.5 unit and display with 1100 euro. But to install you need to do it remote

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

i have the fourth mib fitted from the list above to my 2016 vrs would this be okay for a virtual Cockpit upgrade or would i need to upgrade my MIB.

thanks 
ZEE