Do I have headlight protectors on my headlights? Photos enclosed.

Morning everybody.

I'm feeling silly asking, but I would like to know if I have some sort of extra lens over my headlights or are these standard on the MK1 vrs?

There is evidence of some carbon fibre stickers on the top left of one light.

The surface is like a honeycomb textured and in the corner I think I can see another lens?

The lens is very opaque and the light is yellow ish.

I can see steam inside/behind the lens.

Please forgive my question, I have taken off the 2 metallic clips at the top and tried to gently prise the top of the lens but I was very gentle due to fear!

IMG_20191220_105825.jpg

IMG_20191220_105750.jpg

IMG_20191220_105747.jpg

Thank you both.

Ah yes. Looks like it.

Is it possible that the honeycomb feel on the lens is the remains of the styling film, and would it be removable (blade/solvent)?

My light output is quite dull/yellow and I would like to feel safer driving at night.

Much appreciated

On second thoughts, rather than fading,  it looks like the film has been removed and left that honeycomb pattern on the lens. You can see a bit of the remaining black honeycomb film on top of the lens in your bottom pic. Never had that problem msyelf but you should be able to restore them as sakta said above.

You can buy kits which involve sanding down the lens.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/333704-foggy-headlights-solution/

Edited by TMB

https://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=318438&productId=922499&storeId=10001

This is what I use for mine, apparently if you paint them with clear coat after it seals it and they don't fade again. Never tried it myself but I might the next time I do them.