Radio logo resolution

How can i get radio logos that do not look like a pile of arse?

(Ammundsen MIB2 My17 headunit with FL 8" screen)

They currently appear quite blocky when using the presets view and incredibly blocky and pixellated when using the station info view.

so far i have tried (all pngs):

• Standard that come with the car - some ok.. some not, lots missing
  • Downloaded updates from skoda portal - load missing (including some which were there before?) and same issues as above
  • downloading from media.info - still blocky and some logos don't show up in station info view
  • 500x500px higher res logos as - blocky and massively downscaled
  • 160x120px images - still really blocky especially in station view.

Its a small thing that i'm finding really irritating (yea i know its only pictures) with the lovely FL screen that i have just installed. Some of the stock logos are super crisp (like 6 music and talk sport) but anything user added is all kinds of wrong.

Is there a better way?

is there a specific resolution and pixel density it needs for a nice display?

is it a firmware issue (Hardware: H30  Software: 0359)?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheWanderer said:

Don't rescale them, download them save them to a memory stick and then insert it and get the infotainment system to look for them and it should do the job perfectly.

I haven't had any issues by doing it that way. 

took them straight from media.info and they were still a bit blocky especially compared to the likes of the radio 6 music one

2 minutes ago, TheWanderer said:

I'm sure that I uploaded the UK radio station logos to Briskoda.

i mean ive tried the ones from the skoda portal too but those had some missing aswell.

2 minutes ago, TonyD said:

You could do a image search on the internet for the specific radio station. Look for resolution of 500x500 and save to your usd card. Should look ok

Gave that a go, the 500x500 looked the worst out of all the ones i did. Dont really understand why!

My standard DAB radio, no satnav, seems to generate the station logos. Never had to do anything. 

Maybe there is a menu setting to permit that? 

Edited by gregoir

Mine auto generates logos for some but not all stations. I have added the rest from the file on the Skoda Update Portal. For some reason they all stay on some views but not on the station info screen. Channels like Heart dump their logo. If you look really carefully you can just see a dark DAB logo where the radio station logo was. Does anyone know how to stop these logos from disappearing?

Medium Dave, no I don't have station logos when on the information mode. The text info is full width of the screen. 

If on the logo mode- then the text info is displayed on the lhs of the screen and the logos on the right. 

I only listen to the BBC local and national stations or my own music. As I said, I did test some independent stations to give my informed reply. 

1 minute ago, gregoir said:

Medium Dave, no I don't have station logos when on the information mode. The text info is full width of the screen. 

If on the logo mode- then the text info is displayed on the lhs of the screen and the logos on the right. 

I only listen to the BBC local and national stations or my own music. As I said, I did test some independent stations to give my informed reply. 

Do you get logos for heart 80s and planet rock?

I only get some stations but not all.

1 hour ago, Jetpac said:

Do you get logos for heart 80s and planet rock?

I only get some stations but not all.

I got logos for all stations, some from the file on the Skoda portal and some downloaded from internet searches. However, they don’t all stay and I end up with text on the left and what appears to be a blank black square on the right. From some angles I can just make out the letters DAB in the black square. 

2 minutes ago, MediumDave said:

I got logos for all stations, some from the file on the Skoda portal and some downloaded from internet searches. However, they don’t all stay and I end up with text on the left and what appears to be a blank black square on the right. From some angles I can just make out the letters DAB in the black square. 

I think we have exactly the same issue (with the blank black square on the right having 2 little white square outlines with a red line though them in the bottom right)

I can add logos but they dont stick or are very poor quality especially on the station view.

Its frustrating i mean its basic image scaling, i dont know why the headunit can't do it properly.

On 29/12/2019 at 12:42, Jetpac said:

I think we have exactly the same issue (with the blank black square on the right having 2 little white square outlines with a red line though them in the bottom right)

I can add logos but they dont stick or are very poor quality especially on the station view.

Its frustrating i mean its basic image scaling, i dont know why the headunit can't do it properly.

I get the blank black square with a red line through it on Heart 80s and Planet Rock, but radio text on both. 

Absolute Rad 80s does have a logo though. 

Just done an update.

Been around my archives and the interweb and merged several files together to create a megafile of approximately 19.5Mb in a zip file.

Edited by TheWanderer

While we're talking about  infotainment any one else got the problem of BBC Sounds no longer showing the Download screen; just the loading animation circle which goes on for ever? AA on my phone is OK. On my Columbus is OK except for the downloads screen.

Edited by YMe