The story so far...

Well I picked up my vRS on Monday morning and I've done about 600 miles so far culminating in my trip back to London this morning for my week of work. What can I say that hasn't been said so far?

The good points.....

The build quality is so solid and everything feelsl like it will stay screwed together for years. I haven't been over 3000rpm much but it pulls like a train in every gear at any speed :D

I drove to London this morning in three hours up the A303/M3 at an average of 61mph and 62.5mpg - unbelievable!! I used cruise quite a lot and it's much more efficient than the average right foot.

I was going to get a new cd player but I don't think I'll bother - the stereo is superb - almost on a par with my last setup which was a Sony head unit and an amplified sub in the boot. I think I'll save the money and make use of my 'free' cd changer! There's plenty of bass, good reception and I like the way it increases the volume as you go faster.

The bad points....

It's gonna be a b***ard to keep looking shiny and the wheels are a bas***d to clean.

I have a small yellow splodge about 3mm across which seems to be ingrained into the plastic right in the middle of the dash - credit to the guys at Irvine though as they'll replace the dash under warranty if I can't get it out.

What can one say when the only faults are the effort and time taken to clean it!

It's gonna be a b***ard to keep looking shiny and the wheels are a bas***d to clean.

I washed mine for the first time last night - couldn't belive how dirty it got after 1 week!!! The wheels weren't too bad to clean even though there was lots of break dust.

Typical though looked great last night and its now pi$$ing down.

Glad to hear you like the car, and 62mpg is pretty impressive on a brand new motor!

I remember reading your thread about the CD Changer and from what you've written it seems you managed to get it free...good job!

I was also very impressed with the Skoda stereo, I test drove the silver Demo vRS at Irvine Bridgwater a three or four weekends back. I was very impressed with the service I got there and the salesman seemed to be a genuine guy.

Well I picked up my vRS on Monday morning and I've done about 600 miles so far culminating in my trip back to London this morning for my week of work. What can I say that hasn't been said so far?

The good points.....

The build quality is so solid and everything feelsl like it will stay screwed together for years. I haven't been over 3000rpm much but it pulls like a train in every gear at any speed :D

I drove to London this morning in three hours up the A303/M3 at an average of 61mph and 62.5mpg - unbelievable!! I used cruise quite a lot and it's much more efficient than the average right foot.

I was going to get a new cd player but I don't think I'll bother - the stereo is superb - almost on a par with my last setup which was a Sony head unit and an amplified sub in the boot. I think I'll save the money and make use of my 'free' cd changer! There's plenty of bass' date=' good reception and I like the way it increases the volume as you go faster.

The bad points....

I have a small yellow splodge about 3mm across which seems to be ingrained into the plastic right in the middle of the dash - credit to the guys at Irvine though as they'll replace the dash under warranty if I can't get it out.

What can one say when the only faults are the effort and time taken to clean it![/quote']

Just to 'second' what another poster has said about the interior repair company. It'll probably be a much better option that changing the dash.

I'd be surprised if the dealer would be willing to swap the dash as it is a phenomenal amount of work. You're also running the risk of causing squeaks and rattles.

I too had a scratch on my dash when I collected my new VRS but the dealer got an interior repair company to fix it and the quality of work is astonishing. You really wouldn't be able to tell that there had been anything wrong. :)