Yeti scuttle drains.

Spridgetman

Merry Christmas to all on here! 
Can anyone tell me exactly where the outer scuttle vents exit, i.e. is it behind the wheel arch plastic shroud, or elsewhere. I don’t really want to disturb the black plastic scuttle panel in front of the windscreen (through which the wiper stubs emerge), as it would appear this is sealed to the screen? 
Reason for question - whilst car was dried out after my sunroof problems (and I have temporarily sealed the roof with clear Gorilla tape), there is still water entering, in that the passenger side carpets, front and rear are damp. Thoughts are that if the LHS scuttle drain is impeded, water could back up and maybe enter via the pollen filter. Any ideas/advice please.TIA.

The scuttle tray drains exit behind the wheelarch liner.

Have you tried pouring water into the scuttle tray? If they're blocked the scuttle tray will simply fill up.

I'm not a betting man, but if you've wet carpets and a panoramic sunroof your water ingress is originating from up on the roof, Gorilla tape or not.

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 1

Thanks for that silver1011. Roof drains clear and attached. Sealed roof to take it out of equation so to speak. Washed car with hose  (NOT roof), but played into scuttle. Water was exiting under car to the rear of the wheel arch i.e. not from behind wheel arch liner.

However will take liner off again and have another look. Carpet damp, rather than wet. Appreciate your comments. 👍

Thank you Spidgetman for letting me know I'm not alone in suffering with this malaise... The only difference, were I to have typed the original story, would be that the driver's side front carpet is wet, because I live in France and therefore have a LHD model; clearly they do not jiggle around with the arrangement of trim, drains etc. outside the cabin, so we have the same issue. Having suffered a major roof leak (bottom of LH A pillar drain having come disconnected) I cut the old pipe and installed a new one passing through the fusebox. I also have sealed my roof and still have ingress (about 1l per week, where previously I could get 10l in a day). I have removed the A pillar trim and replaced it with a wad of tissue in there, which remains dry even tough the floor is wet. Having therefore eliminated the roof from my enquiries , I assumed  that the water must be coming in under the bonnet, and have considered removing the carpet then watering the car to see if I could see where it's running down the bulkhead, but I don't know how. Anybody who does, please advise. Thanks

Going back to your original post, Ieaves had found their way underneath the scuttle panel (assuming we are talking about the same thing) and I was able to pull away the rubber trim enough to get a vacuum cleaner nozzle in to hoover them up. Everything then went back into place with the gentle use of a rubber mallet. Possibly trying the same thing might give you enough space to have a proper look without taking so much of the car apart you have a few bits left over when you've put it together again. 😊