New 1.5 SE L. Black grille surround

I'm about to order a brand new 1.5 SE L hatchback, all standard apart from a spare wheel! On the Skoda website it says that the chrome grille surround is replaced with a black one, which I prefer, however some cars on auto trader seem to still have the chrome. Does anyone know when the black surround came in as standard? I think I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and see what I get! Any other tips for a new owner please, I'm trawling the site and keeping my eyes peeled. 

I've just bought a new sportline a few weeks ago. When I was looking through brochure I noticed that some octavia's with the 1.5tsi didn't come with chrome grill and get the  black one and get black lip spoiler on the hatchback as well. I think the chrome strip on grill below the number plate isnt there on a sel with the 1.5tsi. 

Apparently the black surround is only standard on the hatch so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed! Thanks for the pic, how are you finding the car? Any tips? 

I am very pleased with the car...the 1.5 TSI engine is a gem with none of the issues that seems to have been experienced by others

I love the LED headlights with the auto dipping  and the rear camera.

Loads of space ...very comfortable ....great on the Autoroute .

I'm sure you will not be disappointed.

Regards

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1.5 hatchback ordered in feb 19 with chrome trim incl side option but no spoiler. Was built in September. Delivered mid October with no chrome, black grill surround and black boot lip spoiler and black roof lining / interior trim (which I prefer), and super sport steering wheel with paddles instead of sport steering wheel 😁.

It was 4 months late and I did spec lots of options which may have had something to do with those changes at factory, but at that time I noticed the configuration here changed for the hatch. Anything above 115bhp (so not 1L engine) had black trim instead of chrome ( so black pack presumably).

I do wish I had specked the dynamic sports pack though, but was aiming for practicality with a front folding seat (which I may use once probably but oh well...) and the led headlights, but at 1200 euros, I had to make some tough choices.

Really the difference isn’t that huge, it’s more of an ego thing really and depends what you want/need/will be happy driving. You can drive yourself mad otherwise, like worrying whether it’s gonna come with the spoiler or not and how you gonna live without a sporty-ish car as a new family man 😅 ! 😚

Edited by superchiwawa

I've seen a video of the car now and can confirm it has the black grille, wing mirrors and lip spoiler... Phew! Apparently this is standard on the 1.5tsi hatchback only. I pick it up tomorrow morning so hope to be on here a bit more sharing stories and tips. Thanks again everyone. 

Screenshot_20200108-131211.png

Screenshot_20200108-131224.png