Resetting the "insp" indicator

mac11irl

Similar post a few years ago ,but with no definite answers . In the absence of any other info you might find something on here

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-e&q=skoda+citigo+reset+service+indicator

Checked the manual - all it says is the technician will reset it after the servicing...

Thanks vwd, the google search has a techique at least! Ill try it later on and if it works, ill post it up in here as a solution for future users

Edited by mac11irl

Welcome Mac- I know the "push button, switch on and wait bit works on Fabias", so perhaps it's the same on others.  I've had to reset mine for years as none of the places I use seem to do it.

I have seen on here that cars on variable servicing need VCDS , else the system reverts  to fixed mileage.

• 2 weeks later...

Aolved. As per vwd's link above

1. Switch off the ignition.
  2. Press and hold the 0.0/SET button located on the instrument cluster, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine.
  3. Keep holding the 0.0/SET button until INSP appears on the display.
  4. Release the 0.0/SET button and then press 0.0/SET button again to reset it.

• Thanks 1

Similar to Fabia. Possibly the same basic software . I seem to think that is more like how I do it.

• 8 months later...

I've only had the my Citigo Colour Ed 2018 for a few weeks and trawling through the forum's I came across resetting the INSP, When starting the car does the INSP light come when starting the car with are the other lights on the dash then go out after 5 or so seconds? I did try the reset procedure as it has been serviced but that didn't remove the INSP notice. Or is it just me being thick?  

• 5 months later...