New Lease Required

chris1012

I am 2 and a half years through my 3 years lease with my Edition 1.4 TSI DSG lease.

I am currently paying £400 a month however I would like to reduce this to £250 a month on a 2 year lease with 3 months payment up front/8000 miles.

We have three children and ideally would like the width at the rear of the car to be a little bigger to accommodate 2 ISO fixed child seats and an adult in the middle - currently it is tight squeeze! 

Are there any deals out there for the Kodiaq or another model that may be better in line with our budget?

in all honesty, I would like a 2 year lease with another new car without the hassle of any maintenance, road tax and service costs.

I could go for the Kodiaq again but they have said they can only let me know costs until the last 3 months of the lease.

To get out of the lease

there is 3 options

1. Pay around 55% of the outstanding payments

2. Get your dealer to buy the car for a preferential settlement which they may get from Skoda.

3. Order a factory car that may take up to 6 months to build that way your rentals will end before your new car is ready.

Then for your new car Kodiaq is biggest Škoda do and if you already have that you know if it fits for your use..

as for other alternates... as your budget is limited not really sure

Do you need 4x4?

have a look at some of the lease comparison site to see why you can get for your money... 

Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (I think) is a good place to start as is Autocar Leasing

but I think you will struggle to get a big car for that money..

3 hours ago, chris1012 said:

- £250 a month on a 2 year lease with 3 months payment up front/8000 miles.

- To accommodate 2 ISO fixed child seats and an adult in the middle

- Are there any deals out there for the Kodiaq or another model that may be better in line with our budget?

2 hours ago, chris1012 said:

- 2 year lease with another new car without the hassle of any maintenance, road tax and service costs.

Biggest issue will be price. You don't say if that's £250 with or without VAT. ( if it's including vat then best asking someone who belongs to The Magic Circle :giggle: )

Your interior space wish probably nigh on impossible unless you go for something the size of a Range Rover. Best look at something with three seperate rear seats which further limits your choice.

If you shop around I can only really think of one car that may fit all your criteria - a 1.2 Citroen C5 Aircross.

3 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

I reckon you’re going to struggle to get something bigger with that budget. You can get a Kodiaq for £275ish on a 3 + 23. 

can’t say I’ve seen bigger for less. 

I am not really looking for anything bigger but just want to have 3 full sized seats at at the rear of the car. Happy to have a smaller boot size and we do not need 7 seats.

If we were to stay with Skoda, we had a Skoda Octavia Scout previously for 3 * 23 for £227 a month inc VAT.
The size of the Octavia Scout in terms of rear sized seats are pretty similar to the Kodiaq

3 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

To get out of the lease

there is 3 options

1. Pay around 55% of the outstanding payments

2. Get your dealer to buy the car for a preferential settlement which they may get from Skoda.

3. Order a factory car that may take up to 6 months to build that way your rentals will end before your new car is ready.

Then for your new car Kodiaq is biggest Škoda do and if you already have that you know if it fits for your use..

as for other alternates... as your budget is limited not really sure

Do you need 4x4?

have a look at some of the lease comparison site to see why you can get for your money... 

Nationwide Vehicle Contracts (I think) is a good place to start as is Autocar Leasing

but I think you will struggle to get a big car for that money..

I am looking to order a car now but take delivery upon the end of the lease term.
Thought I would give it a month or so to make sure I find the right car hence looking into it now.

4x4 is a nice to have but do not need it

Sorry. I’m a tad confused. Your initial post said you ideally wanted three kids in the back, two with seats, it is currently a tight squeeze and you’d like something bigger. Now you’re saying you don’t want something bigger?

If you’re wanting three comfortably seated in the back, two in seats I reckon you’re going to have to go bigger. Like, XC90 bigger. You won’t get something that size on a 3 + 23 at £250. An Octavia won’t be comfortable. Mine certainly isn’t with two seats and one seated in the middle. 

Are you just wanting a new car, haha?

Three separate seats across the back for a £250 / month lease and 8,000 miles?

I'd be tempted to buy. A one year old Citroen Grand C4 SpaceTourer for £15,500 less your deposit leaves a £14,500 loan.

Unsecured bank loan at 2.9% APR, over 5 years for just over your £250 budget.

It still has 2 years manufacturers warranty on it.

After 2 years you can either extend the warranty and keep it or sell it and clear the loan.

Screenshot_20191231-204025_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ab96d208ae7fb7d2caf462559eef123a.jpg

Screenshot_20191231-204135_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b9fb6db019ad8b94b9fd3e1d935070f4.jpg

49 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Sorry. I’m a tad confused. Your initial post said you ideally wanted three kids in the back, two with seats, it is currently a tight squeeze and you’d like something bigger. Now you’re saying you don’t want something bigger?

If you’re wanting three comfortably seated in the back, two in seats I reckon you’re going to have to go bigger. Like, XC90 bigger. You won’t get something that size on a 3 + 23 at £250. An Octavia won’t be comfortable. Mine certainly isn’t with two seats and one seated in the middle. 

Are you just wanting a new car, haha?

Our current setup is 2 ISO kids seats in the rear outset seats with one adult in the middle.

Doing some reasearch and whilst SKODA do not have any options the C5 aircross claim they have three full sized seats and their top spec model is around £250 a month inc VAT on a 3 * 23 months term.
Would love the XC90 however maybe in another lifetime!

• Like 1

If your not after 4x4 suv how about VW Touran. Seats 7 but drives like a golf rather than s minibus. Isofix in all 5 rear seats which are all separate units and can be moved. 

I have one and the Kodiaq. Kids and Adults all prefer the Touran if they are relegated to rows two and three!

22 minutes ago, InferableCash said:

If your not after 4x4 suv how about VW Touran. Seats 7 but drives like a golf rather than s minibus. Isofix in all 5 rear seats which are all separate units and can be moved. 

I have one and the Kodiaq. Kids and Adults all prefer the Touran if they are relegated to rows two and three!

Just had a look at the Touran and looks like a good shout however is it available under £300 a month inc VAT on a 3*23?