Skoda Octavia 1.6 FSI L&K 2006 driver window intermittent working, where to start?

Hi all 

I have got a Skoda Octavia 1.6FSI which I have owned for over 4 years. Been great car to date however recently just had the driver window not working. 
Not sure if it is the window motor as sometimes the window works, just depends if you get lucky when you start the car up. If it does work it tends to work till you next start up the car. 

Any advice on how to start diagnosing the fault? How to test the switch or is it something more serious? 

Many thanks 

Hi KenONeill

I will look up how to do that and I do have a multimeter. 
Will I need to take the door card off or is there a way to check from the fuse box or elsewhere? 

The door bellow is a common weak point. The wires become brittle, stretch and finally break or chafe.

No need to remove the door card, unless you aren't able to repair any damaged wires in situ...

S57-0165

I had a quick look yesterday morning to see how difficult it was to get the door rubber from it off. It was straight forward. 

however do any of you have a service manual of some type that helps identify what each of the wires/plugs are? 

18354D5F-0FAB-40C1-AC8B-FB7894EA5545.jpeg

Those wires look intact to me?

It is usually pretty obvious when the wires are the issue.

My 2008 Octavia used to have a strange issue where the electric windows would not work immediately after starting the engine.

It sometimes took a good minute or two before the switches properly worked.

Thanks all for the information. 
I will check the connectors this weekend and clean them with solution. 

I will also see how difficult it is to open the window switches on the driver side and clean them too. 

Hoping  this works 

btw the driver window worked yesterday which was the first time in weeks but today not working.