2014 Fabia SE 1.2 Tsi - anything to be aware of?

I got stung with mine for the mats. Checked the car over, got all paperwork sorted. Got in to drive away to then realise there wasn’t any to be told “oh we don’t do them anymore”. Oh well, picked up a decent set from amazon.

Edited by Nicholson87

Yep, I had no mats. I have a cheapo rubber set, but will probably get a set of decent mats soon off Amazon. Picked up the sunglasses holder today and fitted it in under 5 minutes. Makes a subtle difference 

33 minutes ago, dancingbear84 said:

Yep, I had no mats. I have a cheapo rubber set, but will probably get a set of decent mats soon off Amazon. Picked up the sunglasses holder today and fitted it in under 5 minutes. Makes a subtle difference 

Weirdly I got a set for a Vauxhall Astra with mine 

1 hour ago, Nicholson87 said:

What’s that then? Fit into the ceiling?

Yeah, on the SE there is a flat piece of plastic behind/in front of the interior lights. For 20 quid from the dealer for genuine, or about 13 quid on flea bay for a 3rd party, you can get a sunglasses holder, it just pops down out of the ceiling. Not a big deal, but it’s the little touches like this that I find make a big difference to my enjoyment of the car.

The L&K had loads of things like this as well as the bigger stuff like cruise, sensors, Columbus head unit, steering controls. 

I hope to be able to retro fit all the big stuff I’d miss, with the possible exception of the maxi dot display as that may be a step too far for me to do.

Next step replace the interior lights for LEDs

BEFC1C03-27DD-48EF-B444-FF9060E1BCCF.jpeg

7C9CFEA2-A011-42B4-A773-8B08A860F760.jpeg

50CF8C1E-0F56-485A-A103-187A72C05263.jpeg

They’re both nice easy “mods” to do, that don’t need to be declared to insurance and make a big difference to how the car feels. I think mats are next on my list, followed by the spare wheel, then parking sensors, then head unit

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/01/2020 at 14:48, dancingbear84 said:

Yup, double checked, it is not the 105 but the 84.

grrrr

The two versions of the engine have the exact same mechanical parts. It would be fairly easy and safe for a person with the right knowledge and equipment to tune it to 105 hp factory tune. 

On 17/01/2020 at 18:06, UrbanPanzer said:

Genuine rubber mats and sunglasses holder was the first "mods" fitted to mine...................

For me was rubber mats and then under seat storage boxs.
They are fearly priced even new from Skoda dealer and an easy DIY ( provided that you have the correct socket to unscrew the seats).

Yeah, I am thinking of getting a remap, but first I need to save a bit of cash, we’re in the middle of a house renovation as well so I’m kind of funnelling finds into that for the next few months.

I definitely need to change the mats, the ones that are in it are rubbish, they’re a cheapo generic set, they don’t fit at all well. The storage boxes under the seat is a good shout, not sure how useful they’d be but I want to have all the things, and it would make it easier to store chargers and stuff I guess. I’ll add it to the list. I went to the scrapyard to fit fog lights and a spare, but somebody had got there before be and ripped off the front bumpers from the cars that would have been suitable. still keeping an eye out for the parking sensors too 😀