GVN60 Auto Display Colour

Hi, I have been using the GVN60 add-on to the Bolero Head Unit (Dealer fitted).  This has an aerial booster installed which now means that the Traffic Function works!.

I have noticed that the display is  now always in 'Day' mode regardless of the time of day, even though it is set to Auto.  (It used to automatically change)

If I set the 'Time' to Auto  then it advances 1 hour (BST).

I have looked in 'World Clock' (Apps) - The location is spot on but it reckons it is May 20th 2000!  According to the 'help' this unit is supposed to change from night to day according to Sunset and Sunrise times relating to the satellite location data?

Anyone have any idea what is going on please, and is there a way of using 'Auto' display colour (Day and night automatic)

Yours confused

Alan

I had exactly the same issues as Alan, and I have no doubt that T13's explanation is correct. However, on checking, I found that my software was not up-to-date (I was on 2.80), and that there is an update to 2.90 available at https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9254. Having installed that, the unit is now correctly recognising the time and date. Hope this is of help.

Paul

Ooops! I mean’t GARMIN not Kenwood. My bad.😁

Updating the Garmin unit to latest version will correct this issue that you have.

Hi all, thanks for your help, I have downloaded the software update and installed it on a 'FAT' SD Card - I now have to 'Just' access the GVN60 SDCard Reader itself!  I have been advised that the unit was installed behind the glovebox which therefore has to be removed!

I have looked for information about how to do this but none of the videos I have thus far seen have been very clear.

Does anyone have a link to a 'Definitive' video please?  I don't really want to pay the dealer to do this.  How does anyone change a fuse on the Mk3 at the side of the road in the dark?

Cheers

Alan