Considering purchasing new Fabia 1.0l (95ps) tsi SE Hatch

Hi - currently running a 57 plate Roomster that we've had from new and are quite attached to - but the poor halogen projector headlights are finally forcing us to change the car. Lighting is therefore a key issue (= potential deal breaker) in choosing replacement and as the current Fabias appear to have reflector halogens I'm hopeful of better performance than the Roomster.

Can anyone out there running a Fabia provide any opinion as to headlamp performance please? 

Any other general opinions on the car generally?

Many Thanks.

The Fabia Mk3 reflector headlights are definately better than the MK2 projector which I assume are the same as the Roomster. However, if you compare the Fabia Mk3 with a 14 plate Citigo, both with Nightbreakers in, the Citigo wins.

Hi Vroomster1, I bought a 2019 Fabia with LED lamps. They cut through the night quite nicely, albeit in a sterile cool white. It also has rather strong LED lamps for side illumination, so you can see what you're going to run over in that side street. They're triggered automatically when below 40km/h and turning (or indicating to turn).

• Like 1

On 12/01/2020 at 12:50, abaxas said:

One person's bright headlights is another's "f off you inconsiderate ball sack".

Totally agree.

But …..

I’ve lost count of the cars/vehicles I’ve driven over the last 40 yrs (30 years professionally) and the Roomster’s heads are by a long way the most feeble I have encountered, even running best available (legal) Philips replacement bulbs which I renew every 2 years. I do wonder how Skoda got regulatory approval for these halogen projectors. Been a regular topic on the Roomster forum for years – have a look.

What I’m looking for is adequacy, not retina-burning excess.

• Like 1

On 11/01/2020 at 17:15, Vroomster1 said:

Can anyone out there running a Fabia provide any opinion as to headlamp performance please?

The Fabia III can come with Reflector, Projector and LED headlights.

The reflector lights only have 2 x H4 bulbs.

The projector lights have 4 x H7 bulbs.

I ordered my Fabia III with the extra priced projector headlights.

With Osram Nightbreaker bulbs in they are good for me but the original bulbs were not good.

I live/drive in the country with most roads having no street lamps.

Thanks AG Falco