fabia tailgate lock problem

I have had a tailgate not open after I have stopped driving,  passenger gets out/in and wishes to go to the boot, it won't open. I then have to take the key from the ignition and pop it open or unlock the doors, if you see what I mean. Does not always do this or so I think but may just be the anti-hijack feature. Its a minor pain I have had a few times. Your description though, where you have yo open the REAR doors, seems quite, well, -weird!

Have you tried doing your opening routine, shutting up the doors/tailgate again and then re-opening just the tailgate? Just wondering if it does the same thing EVERY time. Oh, and do you have the remote tailgate switch, on the drivers door panel for your model?

Edited by mrgf

8 hours ago, jetbubble said:

Its a very weird problem, sometimes it works other times it plays me up, I think that i'm going to have to live with this one,

As Toyah once said,   Its a mystery.

She actally said " Itsh a mishtery",as she sprayed the front row of the audience-but hey, she did emerge from the punk rock era!

• Like 1

Ah well someone thinks that you missed the mark there!  She is still okay though!

@mrgf what you described fits in with what all VW Group hatchbacks built after a certain date do - and its intentional, the first time I experienced that was when I used my older daughter's late 2009 Ibiza SC to go to work - and security wanted to check the "boot", I said just open it, they couldn't, I thought "idiots" and opened the driver's door to get out to open it for them - and then it opened okay. That feature still catches me out now and again when I use her car to collect her from shopping!

• Like 1

with our 2012 mk2 vRS the tailgate wouldnt open unless you held the boot open button down on the keyfob.

We just put in a new keyfob battery in December and hey presto the tailgate once again opens as normal. no idea how that came to be but changing the keyfob battery did the trick.

• Love it! 1

• 2 years later...
On 16/01/2020 at 18:56, Sittingbull said:

with our 2012 mk2 vRS the tailgate wouldnt open unless you held the boot open button down on the keyfob.

We just put in a new keyfob battery in December and hey presto the tailgate once again opens as normal. no idea how that came to be but changing the keyfob battery did the trick.

Thanks for the tip about holding down the boot symbol on the key fob, it did the trick

• Love it! 1