Cheapest Scout on Autotrader

@silver1011 yep, traded it for this😁

It was a good motor for the 10 years and 155k miles I had it but if anyone sees this and wants to know all about the exaggeration (and down right lies) in that add just drop me a pm. Even with the questionable description it's still a decent car for the money, possibly needs turbo looking at and a new rear prop shaft coupling (If the garage hasn't already sorted these) even the original DMF, clutch and DPF seemed sound when sold, not bad for 185k.

Screenshot_20200201-011756.png

12 hours ago, Anddenton said:

@silver1011 yep, traded it for this😁

A 10 year loyalty to the same car is good going, if I remember correctly we bought our Scout's around the same sort of time!

I've heard good things about the Hyundai i800, a nice change to the usual VW Caravelle lemmings!

I reckon you'll easily get 10 years out of this one too,  your Scout was a 2008, the i800 is a 2018, so 2028 will soon be upon us 😂

Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

A 10 year loyalty to the same car is good going,

We've had our 07 4x4 for 13 years now and my mx5 for nearly 22 years...   They are decent motors!

• Like 1

Just sold my 2011 scout for similar money with almost 200k and failed egr. It was a good car tbh and sild with issues as spares or repair, as I'm sure this one could be! Hope the fabia will be as good! 

On 01/02/2020 at 14:05, silver1011 said:

A 10 year loyalty to the same car is good going, if I remember correctly we bought our Scout's around the same sort of time!

I've heard good things about the Hyundai i800, a nice change to the usual VW Caravelle lemmings!

I reckon you'll easily get 10 years out of this one too,  your Scout was a 2008, the i800 is a 2018, so 2028 will soon be upon us 😂

Enjoy!

Yes I think we got our Scouts at a similar time and IIRC we both suspected they were ex Skoda UK cars. 

I regretted getting rid of my previous Santa Fe at 99k and 4.5 year old so was determined not to make the same mistake with the Scout if it proved to be a reliable motor.

My previous experience of Hyundai was good so hopefully the I800 will be a good motor and last at least 10 years. As for the VW offerings by way of an 8/9 seater they are just too much money so would of been nearly double what the Hyundai cost.

• Like 1

Yep, when we bought our Scout's Skoda were building really tough cars at unbelievably low prices due to the Skoda stigma being very much front and centre.

Unfortunately they've done well in the UK and lot's of new blood has come on board, strengthening the investment and development on new models, but also improving the brand which brings higher prices.

The Korean's are doing a great job, they're improving all of the time, whilst Skoda's priority right now is to cut costs.