Not too bad for 2 weeks ownership

6 minutes ago, JamiePvrs said:

Looks good but cant help think that maybe you should have bought a VRS in the first place............

This  has been bought as my cheap run around till the house sells, once sold we are moving abroad...... We had the brain wave of selling my weapon of an Audi early as we didnt want to be panicking when the house is going thru that there is an expensive play toy to sell and i had some guy come within a few days of advertising it and bought the damn thing so i had to get my self a bit of a winter project lol.

Saying that, I have already said IF we were staying in the UK even after my first drive from Notts to Cornwall this would of been gone by now and i would of bought a VRS, I am very impressed with these.

1 minute ago, KenONeill said:

This isn't meant as having a pop, but I don't understand changing badge colour. Debadging I do  get...

Coz i can lol........... its got black door handles, mirrors, grilles as standard why put some chrome badges on it as standard lol? thats why i changed.

• Like 2

I like it. Black badging sets it off lovely and makes it look like it should have in the first place. 

If Dave has the cash and desire then why not ? Somebody will get a lovely motor when he does sell.

I confess to an interest as I had the old wheels. I am sorting out my Octy 2 too and have never wanted a VRS (turned down twice as company cars).

Over in CZ you see some lovely 'non factory' specials ... not all of them run by law enforcers either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveinCamborne said:

Why not its???? its a 15 plate low mileage cheap motor (as most skodas are) why should I not have a f**K about winter project.  I dont smoke, i dont drink coz of my work so having a cheap play toy to **** about with is a bit of a laugh.  I got the money to do it, its not hurting you so why tell me what i can and can not do to it... its only a cheap skoda. not a Ferrari lol

I think you are a bit over sensitive and defensive. No need for that. I only said if it was me i wouldn't spend any money on it. Id save that money to spend on a new car/project when you move abroad. I didnt tell you not to do it.

• Like 2

Just now, Ecomatt said:

I think you are a bit over sensitive and defensive. No need for that. I only said if it was me i wouldn't spend any money on it. Id save that money to spend on a new car/project when you move abroad. I didnt tell you not to do it.

not sensitive at all...... why try to tell me how to spend my money ffs.............. Got a brand new Toyota Revo Rocco TRD truck  to collect when i get there, along with a new Kawasaki Ninja lol..... spect i will give this away to a mate on my leaving the uk **** up

1 minute ago, DaveinCamborne said:

not sensitive at all...... why try to tell me how to spend my money ffs.............. Got a brand new Toyota Revo Rocco TRD truck  to collect when i get there, along with a new Kawasaki Ninja lol..... spect i will give this away to a mate on my leaving the uk **** up

I didnt tell you what to do. Read my post again. Enjoy moving abroad 👍

3 minutes ago, Ecomatt said:

I didnt tell you what to do. Read my post again. Enjoy moving abroad 👍

WHo did you direct the " I wouldnt spend another penny on it" to then ffs lol ....,. that would be like me saying to you dont be such a tight arse and spend £10 on Briskoda membership lol ....... thanks i will enjoy myself abroad lol  🙂

Edited by DaveinCamborne

Anyone who was reading on the thread. It was an opinion. But like usual with most posts on social media/forums and not being spoken in person, it can be interpreted many ways. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Looks good great amazing, I get it, I just "black-packed" my white 2.0 TDI, looks mint now 😎

Wish mine was as clean as yours ...

DIY-black-pack-1000px.jpg

Edited by vRSWitter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, vRSWitter said:

Looks good, I get it, I just "black-packed" my white 2.0 TDI, looks mint now 😎

Thanks mate,  some of the skoda  factory ideas seem way out to me lol....... like why only put rear mudflaps on as a standard skoda thing lol then like on mine have black everything except the badges lol.... why :D

Thanks mate,  some of the skoda  factory ideas seem way out to me lol....... like why only put rear mudflaps on as a standard skoda thing lol then like on mine have black everything except the badges lol.... why :D

I know I spend so much time in my car I want it to look right – even though I can't see it from the inside 😉.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vRSWitter said:

I know I spend so much time in my car I want it to look right – even though I can't see it from the inside 😉.

Yer i have been in to "tinkering/modifying" for 30 years and I can not have a standard car lol, It cost me one marriage ....She gave me the option of the RS or her.... i went out to the garage and started polishing the car... that was the last time i saw her in the house lol......... its in my blood to change it, fortunately i have an understanding Mrs now  and the occasional gift from Coach hand bags or Gucci sunglasses smoothes the way for my play time lol

I still reckon retrofit cruise control is the next thing after sorting the handling. Did your O_3 come factory fitted Dave?

I found the CZ LHD part number for my O_2 so it must exist ... just need to 'learn' a new parts guru ... all my old ones were BMW folk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shyVRS245 said:

Well Dave I like all your mods and your motor looks great particularly the engine detailing. If you ever get bored and find yourself in the Midlands bring your clay bar and you can think of ECO FEATURES as you remove any road grime I've missed.

Think you skoda gurus ought to come down the south west and have a pasty and tell me all about them while i do a bit of claying and mopping for you with the first mini meet of the year lol lol

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CB_4x4 said:

I still reckon retrofit cruise control is the next thing after sorting the handling. Did your O_3 come factory fitted Dave?

I found the CZ LHD part number for my O_2 so it must exist ... just need to 'learn' a new parts guru ... all my old ones were BMW folk.

Not sure if its that easy on the newr ones, i am reading its got to be plugged into skoda servers and not just vcds. I have VCDS and delphi here by the way if you ever need it 😛

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think you skoda gurus ought to come down the south west and have a pasty and tell me all about them while i do a bit of claying and mopping for you with the first mini meet of the year lol lol

Last time we visited Cornwall had a combined stag due/hen night long weekend in Newquay in August 2003 and my brand new SEAT Leon Cupra was wheel clamped. We were looking for digs and had to downgrade to a cheap B & B after paying the clamper £70 release fee, robbing barsteward.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, CB_4x4 said:

dont think its that easy on the newer ones reading up for 30 seconds lol

Edited by DaveinCamborne