Oil sensitive?

J&LVRS

I’m looking at a 2015 1.0 Fabia for my daughter.  It’s done 66000 miles, but has only been serviced at 20000 and 59000.  How sensitive are these engines to fresh oil - should I be worried? (I know it’s due a cambelt)

Also, the headlamps are slightly fogged with moisture - is this common or should I just run away?

@J&LVRS

Do you mean that the Skoda System only shows services at 20,000 & 59,000 miles?

There could have been an oil change between 20,000 & 59,000 but not by a main dealer.   You would hope so anyway.

If no invoices or record then maybe best walk. 

Depends maybe on condition and price and how it drives.

It drove nicely enough. I had hoped there would be some receipts from independents but alas no!

Its at a good price though.....

any thoughts on the headlamps? Look to be about £90 each for replacements

?

Where is it for sale, dealer or private?   Any Warranty if at a dealer / trader?

Headlight can unfog of the moisture by being driven with dipped beam on for a while.

PS

Members here do DIY servicing so no Garages Invoices.

Sensible to keep the Oil & Filter receipts though.  Not all do.

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

Fogging in the headlights is common, its even covered in the manual as being normal... that being said it depends on the level of the fogging. Often on colder days mine still fog by the LED DRL's. It does clear after a bit but its fine just looks a bit naff.

On 06/02/2020 at 09:08, J&LVRS said:

I’m looking at a 2015 1.0 Fabia for my daughter.  It’s done 66000 miles, but has only been serviced at 20000 and 59000.  How sensitive are these engines to fresh oil - should I be worried? (I know it’s due a cambelt)

Also, the headlamps are slightly fogged with moisture - is this common or should I just run away?

Personally, I'd walk from a car if it's got no provable service record. The engine will have suffered going so far without an oil change. As said above, water in the headlights is common. It's covered under warranty if the misting doesn't go away, but it won't be on yours I doubt.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/02/2020 at 09:08, J&LVRS said:

I’m looking at a 2015 1.0 Fabia for my daughter.

What does the MOT history look like. 

I find you can get an idea if it has been looked after from this. Only likely to be two MOT's though.

Loads of fails and /or advisories tells a story.

Input the Reg number here:-

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/?_ga=2.59430765.117584004.1582475999-1994358082.1580159673

Thanks AG Falco