Stronger gas strut for boot 

After I've isolated the boot it's a bit heavier.

Checked the part number for the gas strut and it it with 530N of force.

I've ordered 2 new one with 690N of opening force. The rest of the specs are the same. for lengths, diameter, etc..

Should it be any issues in fitting them?

Edited by ccosmin

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My new gas struts arrived over the weekend and it seems they are a bit 2 strong. 

Apparently only 1 new does the job, so now I have left: 530N and right: 590N of power;

Does anyone see any problems here? should I have them synced with 2 600N ones, or it's ok to have them different? 

Thinking about issues on the different force applied just 2 one side....

There might be a bit more torsion between sides but I doubt that will be that noticeable short term. Summer temps could be interesting! The spring rate increases as it gets hotter. Even standard struts have caught me out a few times underestimating how much force needed to close the door some sunny days. There’s a lot less force needed to close on a cold day, though.