After market heated screen & steering wheel

So, a slight regret is not ordering the Heated screen and steering wheel option.

I figured it was just a gimmick so didn't bother. However, a few hard frosts in the UK and a heated screen would have been great.

I wouldn't have batted an eyelid about the heated steering wheel until I got a hire car which has it. It's a lovely little luxury.

So to my question ... what, if any, after market options are there for either screen or wheel heating? I'm guessing both will be expensive if your looking at OEM and thus not worth it. But I thought I'd ask anyway as it's in these forums that geniuses with great ideas lurk.

TIA

Edited by Kungfumonkey
Typos

Neither has AM options that I am aware of.

For the screen - you could pay and have Autoglass change it - but that would be a High cost... then you are still missing the wiring, different AC unit with contols etc...

Years ago - you could buy stick on rear heated screens - with wires and plastic film... but probably look naff and not meet the vision standard for the front.

One option that may be able to be retrofited is a Park Heater System - that way - remotely start the heating before you get to the car so its warm - and you can do away with the need for the heated screen and wheel..

Of Send your wife / Child out in the cold 30 minutes early and get them to start car for you :)

The heated windscreen is indeed a real boon.

All of the threads on here over the years from potential buyers looking for advice on which options to tick, my recommendations are always the same...

1) Heated windscreen.

2) Spare wheel.

A retrofit will be doable but will definitely be cost prohibitive. Buying brand new is the best opportunity you get these days to spec the car exactly as you want it.

I would guess both are possible but would be expensive

The heated steering wheel would probably be the cheapest to do 

I think it would just be the actual steering wheel that is required and coding

The heated screen would require a new windscreen, loom / relay for the windscreen and a climate panel with the button

Until your car catches fire..

Few years back (10 or so) I was drying out a Shogun with a fan heater and an extension lead (coil) - I had unwound most of the coil - to limit the heating effect.

Left it on all PM and overnight - went back next day.. and was a terrible smell - the extension lead coil core had all melted and stuck to the wires... lucky... it could have been worse..

Edited by SimonAudi

5 minutes ago, weldion said:

In Sweden we use these in our cars:

image.jpeg.94f3f04b3a7b4ad019636087d43e3bb6.jpeg
together with this for the engine:

image.jpeg.e79dd5c26b3fe9fcc1cac8896d696c6b.jpeg

and a car plugged in, getting heated:

image.jpeg.1cc24bd9138282be40503ff3ae3a1c21.jpeg

Could you provide a link where I could find out more info? Thanks

https://www.defa.com/electrical-preheating/engine-heaters/

https://www.calix.se/en/vehicles/cars

Has been using both systems in differernt previous cars (last was Calix on my Octavia RS230), both systems can completed with separate components, they working  quite well only problem they need wall plug access... In personal yard it is probably not problem, outside that it is not so easy... Anyway at least it is really pleasent to start day with warm car, de-iced windows and inside car is also dry. 👍