Check Rear Tail Light

J&LVRS

Daughter has just got a 2015 Fabia 1.0 SE.  When she first starts the car she gets the warning triangle and a 'Check Rear Tail light' Message but it appears to be fine, and doesn't display on subsequent starts.  Anyone had anything similar?   Could it be a bad earth to the light cluster?

If it was a bad earth then maybe all the lights in that cluster would not work as there is only one earth per cluster.

Can be a poor connection, remove clean and refit the bulb will help.

If the filament of the bulb has broken and you can see any brown burn marks in the inside of the bulb then replace.

Sometimes if the filament rejoins it starts working again.

Hence the not working warning, but it now works.

Thanks AG Falco

• Like 1

7 hours ago, J&LVRS said:

Daughter has just got a 2015 Fabia 1.0 SE.  When she first starts the car she gets the warning triangle and a 'Check Rear Tail light' Message but it appears to be fine, and doesn't display on subsequent starts.  Anyone had anything similar?   Could it be a bad earth to the light cluster?

I didn't realise my Fabia told me in words if a bulb was out.