Black Sportline going more black

weldion

Planning to remove "Kodiaq" and "4x4" emblem from the rear of my 2020 black Sportline.

I guess it would look more clean with the words removed. I know the lettering is black, but I think it still would give a more clean look.

skoda3.jpeg

I will also change the front badge to a black Skoda badge.

No chrome at all in the front of the car and Skoda puts a chrome badge. I think it stands out too much.

IMG_3150.jpeg

The car will look better when I put my summer wheels on it. Have to wait for the winter to leave first.

Is the front badge just attached with adhesive, or is there a screw there holding it to the bonnet?

1 hour ago, weldion said:

Planning to remove "Kodiaq" and "4x4" emblem from the rear of my 2020 black Sportline.

I guess it would look more clean with the words removed. I know the lettering is black, but I think it still would give a more clean look.

skoda3.jpeg

I will also change the front badge to a black Skoda badge.

No chrome at all in the front of the car and Skoda puts a chrome badge. I think it stands out too much.

IMG_3150.jpeg

The car will look better when I put my summer wheels on it. Have to wait for the winter to leave first.

Is the front badge just attached with adhesive, or is there a screw there holding it to the bonnet?

I can't speak for the Kodiaq, but a while back I had the badge stolen from a Superb. When I purchased a replacement, the adhesive was already on the reverse of the badge.

There were 3 small lugs on the badge and 3 small indents in the bonnet  to ensure that the badge is lined up correctly when you fit it.

You may struggle to get the current badge off cleanly as they're stuck on quite well. The oik who stole mine used a screwdriver or similar to prise it off, thus damaging the paintwork underneath !!

I've de-badged a few of my cars in the past to give a cleaner look.

My technique was to warm the area for 2-3 minutes with a hairdryer and then saw through the adhesive with some dental floss while pulling towards you slightly.  Any stubborn residue on the bodywork just drops off easily with some WD-40.

I would certainly be losing the black lettering on the back - black lettering on black paint doesn't do it for me. 

Just now, Winston_Wolf said:

I've de-badged a few of my cars in the past to give a cleaner look.

My technique was to warm the area for 2-3 minutes with a hairdryer and then saw through the adhesive with some dental floss while pulling towards you slightly.  Any stubborn residue on the bodywork just drops off easily with some WD-40.

I would certainly be losing the black lettering on the back - black lettering on black paint doesn't do it for me. 

I use the same method myself. Dental floss and WD-40. I have de-badged all the Skodas I ever owned.

One Superb that I had had a screw to hold down the front badge. If I don't have problems with my memory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got my black front badge today. I ordered a 90 mm wide badge and that is too small for my car. Did not measure the one on my car, so I have to blame myself for not doing that.

IMG_3824.jpeg

IMG_3825.jpeg

It's hard to see with the plastic bag in the way.

13 minutes ago, linni said:

When I ordered a year ago black badges from Superskoda, there were only two options: front and rear for Kodiaq. No chanche to make a mistake.

What size is yours?

I did order from eBay.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great, I have a black sportsline on order and will be doing the same when it  arrives. Looking at the photos have you fitted the sportsline rear mud flaps or are they the stranded one? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neil1 said:

Looking great, I have a black sportsline on order and will be doing the same when it  arrives. Looking at the photos have you fitted the sportsline rear mud flaps or are they the stranded one? 

They're the Sportline ones.

11 hours ago, Neil1 said:

I have the normal ones.

565075101.jpg

1 hour ago, ZacDaMan72 said:

They're the Sportline ones.

Usually they are, but weldion has installed standard set to the rear.

Same time answer :)

Edited by linni