iPhone contacts

DRGW

Is it possible to be able to call a contact by first name then surname rather than surname first?

My Yeti syncs ok with my iPhone 8 but I’m unable to call by first name first.

Thanks

I can't remember the exact route to the tick box but it is in the Phonebook settings on the maxidot. I will look tomorrow and let you know the exact route thereto. Hope you find before I have to look!

On 29/02/2020 at 17:57, freedie said:

I can't remember the exact route to the tick box but it is in the Phonebook settings on the maxidot. I will look tomorrow and let you know the exact route thereto. Hope you find before I have to look!

I’ve had a look and have been unable to find anything which lets me change contacts to first name, surname. 🙁

Found it.
If your car is like mine ~ engine off, ignition on, phone already connected and shewing in maxidot. Select it by pushing the thumb wheel and choose Settings/Phonebook/List and select First name first!
Hope that works for you. Good luck.

Thanks. 

Having looked I don't have any phone book option under settings. Phone book is listed separately but going into that it gives no option to change to first name first.

That looks like the wrong menu. Are you absolutely sure you did this bit... "phone already connected and shewing in maxidot. Select it by pushing the thumb wheel"?

On 07/03/2020 at 20:31, DRGW said:

Not got this as a setting on my Yeti!

Have you done it on the INFOTAINMENT screen as above?

""On infotainment screen.
Phone
Settings

User profile

Sort by.""

On 09/03/2020 at 14:49, freedie said:

That looks like the wrong menu. Are you absolutely sure you did this bit... "phone already connected and shewing in maxidot. Select it by pushing the thumb wheel"?

My iphone is definitely connected and showing but I do not have a menu for settings.

I do have a separate settings menu although there is nothing to change the order in which contacts are stored. 😞

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve still been unable to sort the contacts by first name, surname order. I have even gone to the main dealer who have stated that although it is possible, the setting to do it is difficult to find And they gave up after a while!

Can somebody please Let me have step by step instructions how to do this please?

Thanks

What year is your Yeti and what infotainment system do you have?
Have you tried doing it on that and not from the Maxidot?
On your phone is it sorted first name first?

Edited by Urrell

I’ve got a 63 plate Yeti Elegance with an Amundsen+.

when I press the button to start the voice control, if I do nothing it will eventually say that I can change the contacts order to first name, surname although it does not say how to do this.

I’ve looked on the radio head unit as well and can’t seem to find a setting to change it.

My iPhone shows contacts by first name.

Edited by DRGW

If all else fails, ask Siri ( as iPhone 8 ) to place the call. "Hey Siri, call John Jones" works surely? And... much quicker than the cars cumbersome interface. The call will still be bluetoothed to the car if connected and use the car's microphone if needed.

• 2 years later...