Virtual cockpit cleaning

Does anybody know if the VC is easy to clean without scratching. I know with the normal cluster it scratches if you look at it. Was hoping with the Vc can just wipe with glass cleaner and cloth.

A spritz with a quick detailer and wipe with clean MF cloth should be all that's required.  Same with the regular binnacle, you need to lube it with something before wiping it down.  As you said, the plastic used is very soft and prone to marring. 

31 minutes ago, penguin17 said:

A spritz with a quick detailer and wipe with clean MF cloth should be all that's required.  Same with the regular binnacle, you need to lube it with something before wiping it down.  As you said, the plastic used is very soft and prone to marring. 

Thanks I usually use autoglym fast glass. Is the VC just as prone to marring and marking?

1 hour ago, nebrog23 said:

Thanks I usually use autoglym fast glass. Is the VC just as prone to marring and marking?

Not that I'm aware of.  I've cleaned one in a friends Audi S3 and spritzed the cloth and then wiped.  It didn't seem like there was any marks before/after.   I'd avoid anything with high alcohol content and would imagine that regular water would be just as effective, that's what is recommended for most display screens.  

5 hours ago, ArisaigDavid said:

My owner's manual says to clean the infotainment screen with white spirit - can I assume that this would be a stupid thing to do?

Don’t think I would be brave enough!

I use these... isopropyl alcohol & water blend on a microfibre cloth in a tear open sachet (rubbing alcohol). The first two on the left are the same thing, just different marketing tactics. Never tried the antifog, sure it would be OK too.  Basically ANY spectacle lens cleaning solution (specsavers ) would be OK here. 

https://www.kobayashihealthcare.com

clearwipe-product-image.jpg

Make your own ~ 95% Water 5% Isopropyl to 90% water 10% Isopropyl

https://s3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/wc-prod-pim/Asset_Documents/Clearwipe Lens Cleaner SDS.pdf

http://www.company7.com/library/zeiss/Zeiss_Lens_Cleaner-UDS-Engl-03-Oct-2011.p.pdf

Edited by digifish

What would be nice is a 'cleaning' mode for the display. Is there one I missed?

I have seen this on other cars. Disables touch response until disabled.