2009 pre-fl Octavia vRS Limited Edition or not?

Hi all,

Recently became the owner of a petrol 2009 octavia vRS pre-fl. This is my first introduction to the VAG world so its very much a learning curve for me. It was advertised as limited edition and to be honest i didn't really look into what the limited edition meant. When i was searching for insurance the websites would throw up limited edition as well so i never really looked into it any further. Now that i have the car a few days and i have done some research the car doesn't have leather seats or a tag indicating the LE number so i'm pretty sure it is not LE, despite the badge on the back. 

The other query is in relation to the engine. It was advertised as TFSI but i've checked the engine bay and the oil dipstick is on the left which i read means it is the later EA888 TSI engine? Are there pre-fl cars with TSI engines? 

Any advice?

Thanks

35 minutes ago, wiilydog said:

If it hasn't got the leather seats with tag or special alloy wheels it is not a LE,  this is what a LE spec should look like.

https://www.motor1.com/news/13343/skoda-octavia-vrs-limited-edition-announced-uk/

Ok thanks for that willydog. Yeah definitely not LE then but it does have the anthracite grey paint, touch screen  radio and maxi-dot so I'm assuming a previous owner just stuck a LE badge on the back. 

Any thoughts on the TSI engine?

Ok I just checked, it is definitely an EA888 engine. Just a bit confused then about the actual spec of my car. There must have been a number of pre-FL models run out which had the TSI engine, bolero touchscreen and maxi-dot system. 

The previous owner could have sold the interior I suppose, but having owned a LE it had a lovely leather, numbered, interior, Bolero, Maxidot, Paint job and also "chocolate fireguard" wheels - Pro somethings whose name escapes me. Swapped mine out for Zeniths (IIRC).