Air/pollen filter part numbers

Washable and then re-treatable and will not fall apart if you wade too deep in flood water but you will still drown your car.

They need cleaned as often or more often than you might put in a fresh new filter or the K&N might strangle your engine losing you power and using more fuel.

The 'Performance K&N filters' might according to some help increase performance, they can also reduce it.

Great in Quarries, water pits, offroad vehicles, 

& in Emergency Vehicles like the Police or Ambulance, Fire & Rescue, where they bin dirty ones and not clean and retreat, but then its not their money being wasted.

8 hours ago, Plantman said:

Pollen - 5Q0 819 653

That's great, thanks 

I've managed to find the part number for the air filter: 5Q0129620B 

Regarding K&N or any other aftermarket 'performance' filter, I'm not really interested in going down that route on this car. There is no real world performance increase in just replacing the filter element, and cleaning them then re-oiling correctly is a pain. Not enough oil and too much crap will pass straight through it, oil it too much and oil will pass through coating and affecting the sensors in the inlet tract. 

PS: Don't bother with the Crosland brand.

Just picked up a pollen filter from Crosland and what a poor quality filter that is.  Nothing near as good as the VWAG, Mann or Bosch versions!

It actually split when I went to install today. Weight was half that of the OEM one too. Rubbish!

Trip back to Euro Car Parts for me later to grovel for a refund then! Lesson learned.

Edited by Plantman
Spelling error on rubbish Crosland naming

Agree with the K&N washable ones. I'm from the camp of they are not better than a decent clean OEM.  I've run both K&N and Pipercross and switching between the two never really made any differences apart from perhaps noise.

Washing was also a pain in the rear, I never knew how much oil to use and just thought it was a recipe for disaster with MAF's as you state.  Obtaining the oil was also just one extra thing to have to shop for.

This morning I ordered up genuine VAG filters from The Skoda Shop / Horton Skoda  

With their current free delivery offer its only cost my £35 for the air and pollen filters delivered to my door, and I've got an email saying I'll have them tomorrow. 

For that price and service it's a no brainer 

Edited by dale1uk
  • Like 1