5 days into Octavia vRS ownership.....LIMP MODE!

Hi all,

So after my welcome post 2 days ago saying first impressions are good, car is now at a garage checking diagnostics. Would usually do myself but i'm at work and car went into limp mode. 

Driving to work this morning and the car stalled in traffic. Started up and EPC light came on with rough idle. Limped the car to a local garage who plugged it in and got a load of codes but are checking coil packs so will know more later.  

The car in question is a pre-facelift mkII with the 2.0 TSI engine. Car came with 15month engine and gearbox warranty from the dealer so i'm hoping this is going to be covered whatever the issue. 

Any thoughts? Could 95 octane fuel be a possibility?

Thanks

16 minutes ago, Loggy747 said:

Could 95 octane fuel be a possibility?

It shouldn't be with the standard map. Of course I do frequently say that when you buy a used car you buy the previous owner's problems...

• Like 1

I hope the spark plugs were getting taken out and checked before any blame is put on the coils.

It would have to be bad 95 ron unleaded from a filling station that every other customer has also received, unless your car has sat with a tank of fuel from months back while awaiting a buyer.

I know the TFSI coils are supposed to be very reliable, but it doesn’t make them bomb proof.

if the EPC light is on then at least a code has been stored making fault finding a bit easier.

OK just to update you on the weeks proceedings. Turned out the issue with limp mode was caused by a loose connection between coil pack and spark plug so thank god it was an easy fix.

Driving along the next morning and hit a pothole, brand new tyre bust! Roads are awful in Ireland at the minute. Left into a garage for new tyre and asked them to sort out a loose stone guard at the rear while they were at it. Got into the car and now i have ABS / ESP / Tyre pressure lights on. Apparently faulty ABS sensor or the magnetic toothed ring in the hub. Probably best to replace both going by what I've read?

Is there any light at the end of the tunnel? Suppose the pothole is my fault!