Citigo 2nd service........

bert1973

Hi all, just been quoted £229 for a 2nd service on my partners 18 plate citigo.

1st service last year managed to get for £90.

Considering she has only done 10,000 in 2 years am I right in thinking this is extortionate. 

I asked if there was any discounts or anything they could leave off but it was a no! Fixed price.

I asked why it was so much more expensive than the first service and apart from the pollen filter and the old "inspection of everything " I cant see anything else? 

Lookers Stockport.

Your thoughts

Rob.

• Like 1

'Fixed Price' of

£179 Oil & Inspection service.

£35 Pollen filter                (change it yourself and tell them to not touch. Clean / vacuum /wash the area having bought a filter at a Motor Factor.)

=£214.     

?

Where do they get to £229 ? 

For the Tea money.  Disposing of the not very much litres of oil from a Citigo and filter.

So the Fixed Pricing has changed in 2020,

but then you can pay less than the Fixed Pricing.

Pay for what needs doing and let them have a profit and a living, but if they are ripping you off go to an Independent that can service your low mileage car.

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 12.44.10.png

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 12.44.31.png

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 12.45.03.png

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 12.45.12.png

Edited by Roottootemblowinootsoot

Just had the same here for my parents 18 plate 4000 miles Citigo Monte Carlo, rang two branches of Pulman group on there behalf & both quoted £214 which I found truly breath taking considering what is replaced/checked.

@Emil

Drums do require removing and removing brake dust and cleaning so servicing.

You might note that is not included in the Oil & Inspection Service, or the Extended Scope where it says Remove Wheels and Check Brakes.

That is not Remove Wheels and Drums & check brakes and service them.

Actually 'Removing wheels' can be a wish and a dream.

So Servicing Brakes is something that needs requested and paid for.

Cleaning should be included for £229. Coolant should be measured too. I don't know how you say it but how cold weather it can handle. 

Yes @Emil,

but should, could and would counts for nothing.

Back in 2012 the Skoda Fixed price 3-10 year old cars Major service did say remove wheels and clean brakes when only the MK1 & Mk2 Fabia or Roomster's had rear drums.

They did not even remove wheels so they were not removing drums at some places.

Then the website was changed and it said Inspect brakes and people though the wheels and drums cane off, when their brakes went wrong then the discovered they were checked through the back plate.

Wheels not off be it rear discs or drums.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/249418-monte-rear-wheels-siezedon-drums

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/444279-sticking-rear-brakes

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/186946-cleaning-rear-drum-brakes

Cleaning drum brakes is part of service. Every 2 years or 30000km. Which ever comes first. That's why 2nd service costs more than first. I just can't understand what you are trying to tell me. 

9 minutes ago, Emil said:

Cleaning drum brakes is part of service. Every 2 years or 30000km. Which ever comes first. That's why 2nd service costs more than first.

Never ever happened at my dealer. Wheels only come off if you agree to pay them to change something, pads/discs/drums that seize up when they get wet. Or front wheel bearings which seem to be a favourite for my dealer at MOT time even though I'd never heard any noise, vibration etc and checking the removed Octavia hub/bearing on the 3rd time they got me, never could perceive any roughness or play.

Might be different in Finlandia.

• Like 1

@Emil

What i am trying to say is, read what the Extended Scope is.  Check Brakes is not Service Brakes.  

A good mechanic, tech or fitter will service the rear brakes.  Their bosses are not allowing them to without a customer paying.

That is not on the work sheet unless a customer is paying and £214 does not get you that at a Skoda Main Dealership.

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 20.54.34.png

• Like 1

I don't own rights to share you a copy of Škoda maintenance instructions. But drum brake cleaning needs to be done every 2 years or 30000km as I already told. I just did it and I can tell there was a lot of brake dust. 

We don't know if £229 include drum brakes cleaning. Or do we? 

Edited by Emil

@Emil

I know what the 'recommended service schedule' is.   It was @ 2 years first on the Fabia & Roomster when the first brake fluid change was recommended which was up to 2010, then the brake fluid change was moved to first @ 3 years and then the Servicing was not including removing the rear drums unless extra was paid at a Minor Service along with the extra for the Brake Fluid change.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/351646-rear-brake-cleaning

From a few years back.

Screenshot 2020-03-07 at 22.28.25 (1).jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Emil said:

I don't own rights to share you a copy of Škoda maintenance instructions

Skoda servicing guidance varies from country to country. The classic is the cambelt change, currently ~ 5yr/60k miles at many UK dealers, no time limit/210k km in some other countries.

Lately "your car needs an aircon service every 2 years" is being tried on with UK customers. No it doesn't, "its a Skoda recommendation". No it isn't.

I was recently given an Elsapro tick box service printout for my car after it last went in for servicing. Red/orange/green thingybobs on left column what should be done. Servicing sheet is produced for each VIN based on service history/plan and current mileage. Mostly joke entries, lots of "Check this, check that", all computer ticked off. Road test tick, shortest road test in history, car did a total of 0.2 miles while in dealers hands. That included moving to service bay then to valeting bay and back to car park.

Finlandia is not the UK.

3 minutes ago, xman said:

Finlandia is not the UK.

Is that so?

If £229 include all that needs to be done it is reasonably priced. That's all I'm trying to say. 

@Emil  £229 does not include everything though. It does not get extra work done, it gets checks / inspections and reports and might result in a phone call asking do you want more.

A pollen filter certainly is recommended to be changed at 2 years.

Better still is clean the area properly and replace.  (not always done)

Better still is do as needed, by location, city use, country use, dirty with pollen and stoor type thing, or damp / smelly.

You can look at them six monthly maybe and vacuum it. Or put in a new one.

They are Guidelines and many things are not counted as Scheduled items for replacement.

The new setup in 2020 is Inspection & Oil Service, then you add on the Extended Scope, and you pay for parts fitted unlike as you were paying a Major Service at 2 years and getting no Plugs or Air Filter and the same price at 4 years and you should get them but might not.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

The new setup in 2020 is Inspection & Oil Service, then you add on the Extended Scope, and you pay for parts fitted unlike as you were paying a Major Service at 2 years and getting no Plugs or Air Filter and the same price at 4 years and you should get them but might not.

They seem to change it every year, along with a price increase, oil service, minor, interim, major, extended...

I wonder what BS they will come up with next year.

Easy pickings if 90% of cars are now PCP/lease and VWFS (aka Skoda finance) push the myth that is dealer servicing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Roottootemblowinootsoot said:

@Emil  £229 does not include everything though. It does not get extra work done,... 

Who said so? "bert1973" didn't. 

I just usually drop my local dealer an email saying "I've been quoted x amount for service, can you price match it?" and everytime they have said yes. I got my recent 3 year service and first MOT for £129. They wanted an extra £60 to change the brake fluid to which I said thanks but no thanks.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't you want brake fluid change? Or drum brake cleaning? 

If you save too much you may soon need a bus. 

Edited by Emil

29 minutes ago, Emil said:

Why wouldn't you want brake fluid change? Or drum brake cleaning? 

If you save too much you may soon need a bus. 

I'm pretty sure I can get one more year out of the brake fluid, its next service is a major one may as well get it lumped in with that.