expostmanpat

5th gear now, wax £6k a tub, degreaser £55 for 5litres, complete wash and valet £5k *******:finger:

Missed the feature, but I think I know (of) the guy in question...if that is the case, I believe that calling it a "car wash" is a bit of unfair, as he actually spends a few days on the job, and as well as sorting any inconsistencies in the paint (that includes its thickness!), it will be cleaned very thoroughly using the best products available - and when I say thoroughly, that even includes waxing the door locks!

It might seem expensive, but if you've got a £1mil. classic Ferrari going for auction, having it prepared to nigh-on perfection would make £5k a very reasonable investment. And not all his valets cost £5k...

If it's not the guy I'm thinking of, I'll get my bucket and sponge for a piece of the action... :rofl:

Rob.

there was a wax shoot out test in a recent autoexpress. The cleaners they talks to used the funky white carnuba wax and charge about 400 to wash your car. Obviously, not doing the cutting/finishing to the same level.

Might be a bit overkill for my pimp-mobile though...

Well, 5k valet on a 500k car (MC12, that the show featured), is same as spending 100 pounds on a 10k car.

5k/500k = 0.01

100/10k = 0.01

And I think I have spend more than 50 pounds on my 4k second hand Fabia 1.4 :D

50/4000 = 0.0125 :eek:

Well' date=' 5k valet on a 500k car (MC12, that the show featured), is same as spending 100 pounds on a 10k car.

5k/500k = 0.01

100/10k = 0.01

And I think I have spend more than 50 pounds on my 4k second hand Fabia 1.4 :D

50/4000 = 0.0125 :eek:[/quote']

Value for money does not apply when you are lucky to be in a position to afford an MC12. Loose change..... I'm sure he/she does not have any finance outstanding on it too:cool:

Thanks Jon. Just waxed the Fabia with

I spend about 5 hours once a month cleaning mine and the results are nowhere near as good. I am completely sick of brake dust on the alloys and marks all over the front that make my car look like it's done 100,000 and not 30,000. Prehaps I need to invest in some zymol or similar.

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you tried Truckwash and Curtain Clean on your alloys? I use it all the time and it gets the brake dust off a treat. Just spray it on and leave for a couple of minutes then wipe off. Its also really good on the engine bay but don't use it on the paintwork because it will remove any wax residue.

In addition, it can be used round the house, but preferably diluted.

Cheers,

Jon.

I couldn't run to the £6k Zymol Crystal Glaze but apparently the Zymol Creame Wax is fantastic stuff at £46. I have a tub gathering dust in the cupboard. Maybe i'll get a chance to use it soon.