Increasing rear brake squeal when brakes not being used

Three months ago every time I drove more than 30 miles or so my offside rear brake started to produce a high pitched squeal. If I actually applied the brakes the squeal stopped until brakes were released.

When I examined the offside rear brake pads the pad against the cylinder was much more worn than the outside pad and its edges were all rounded. I replaced the pads and ensured that their edges were lubricated with silicone grease.

The squeak disappeared for a couple of months but is now back it now comes on after only 5 or so miles.

Bizarrely the squeal also stops if i turn left .

The squeal stopping when going round a right bend seems to suggest a bearing problem but I have raised both rear wheels and there was no obvious play in the rear wheel bearings. Would i actually be able to feel the play?

Any thoughts?

20200312_175132.jpg

Probably a seized caliper. The caliper is designed to float on a pair of pins so that it can center the pads on the disk. Those pins can get gunked up and seize causing the sort of uneven pad wear you're seeing.