1. Why did you post this three times?

and

2. Why are they all entitled “Charlie”?
🤔

Probably a case of newbyitis Dave.

All relevant topics renamed or duplicates removed now. :thumbup:

• Like 1

Hi guys

I have a 2016 Fabia and for some reason SD cards are not accepted by the system. When I jack it into the slot, after a while, it says sd card error.  I have tried it with class10 16GB and 8GB, neither works.

Is it common that sd card reader just stop working? Cleaning might help or only replacement?

Am I trying with wrong SD card?

thanks

2 minutes ago, Skodacs said:

Hi guys

I have a 2016 Fabia and for some reason SD cards are not accepted by the system. When I jack it into the slot, after a while, it says sd card error.  I have tried it with class10 16GB and 8GB, neither works.

Is it common that sd card reader just stop working? Cleaning might help or only replacement?

thanks

SD cards need to be sourced from Skoda dealer if it's for Sat Nav. Ones you buy from Amazon etc don't work in the car.;)

2 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

SD cards need to be sourced from Skoda dealer if it's for Sat Nav. Ones you buy from Amazon etc don't work in the car.;)

I dont have navigation in the car, I want to use it for mp3 and images. Tried with lots of format, NTFS, exFAT, FAT32 neither works.

1 minute ago, Skodacs said:

I dont have navigation in the car, I want to use it for mp3 and images. Tried with lots of format, NTFS, exFAT, FAT32 neither works.

OK Rustynuts is the expert on here when it comes to such things. You could send him a PM (Personal Message) next to notifications and ask him for help.:thumbup:

11 hours ago, Skodacs said:

Hi guys

thanks

Which HU do you have? And how old is the car? I've put all kinds of SD cards in ours (Kingston & Sandisk and bought from Amazon) which is a Radio Swing Plus HU with no issues. Sounds more like the SD reader might be faulty in the HU.

Only thing i can think is to check that they are formatted in FAT or exFAT?

On 21/03/2020 at 18:58, WaveyDavey said:

Which HU do you have? And how old is the car? I've put all kinds of SD cards in ours (Kingston & Sandisk and bought from Amazon) which is a Radio Swing Plus HU with no issues. Sounds more like the SD reader might be faulty in the HU.

Only thing i can think is to check that they are formatted in FAT or exFAT?

It was me who formatted using Windows, to exFAT and FAT32, so it is sure.

It is Bolero HU, in 2016 Fabia.

On 28/03/2020 at 11:06, Skodacs said:

It was me who formatted using Windows, to exFAT and FAT32, so it is sure.

It is Bolero HU, in 2016 Fabia.

Unfortunately I suspect it’s the card reader that is faulty then.