2015 Octavia 1.4 SE L TSI DSG wheel upgrade

You will get a much rougher feel to the suspension with wheels that size, the Vrs models have IRS unlike the torsion beam setup in the other models. I've got 16 inch wheels on my car and the car is actually very comfortable that way, had 17 inch wheels on a mk 3 Elegance before and suspension was noticeably worse than current car.

I've 17" wheels on my Octy Elegance (63 plate) and the suspension seems fine, in fact more compliant than the 320i I had previously which had 16" wheels, though to be pair it also had run-flats which are notoriously harsher than normal tyres.

Edited by Lingnoi
Spelling

On 18/03/2020 at 23:32, AllanDJ said:

You will get a much rougher feel to the suspension with wheels that size, the Vrs models have IRS unlike the torsion beam setup in the other models. I've got 16 inch wheels on my car and the car is actually very comfortable that way, had 17 inch wheels on a mk 3 Elegance before and suspension was noticeably worse than current car.

I would concur with this, I recently bought my 1.4SEL combi with 17" wheels and decided within .a few days I couldn't live with them. Fitted 16" and am now much happier, the ride is considerably smoother. I've now got a set of 17" alloys with good tyres I'd happily swap for 16s.